Friday, April 2, 2010

DAY NINETY TWO- Healthy Eating Journal

I'm doing this a little early today because I have drama practice tonight for the spring play and my husband's coming home and we're leaving in the morning for the mountains. So I tried some new food combinations today (and liked them), but I just have to say that too much of some foods can have some "side effects" that you may want to consider. I'm not saying avoid those foods-- probably just don't want to eat them two days in a row. I don't know if it's proper to say this on a blog or not... but cabbage smells bad when you're cooking it and it causes some gas. Sorry... had to say it. That gas is wretched smelling. I had to look to see if someone else had caused it because I was pretty sure something that horrid had not came out of me. I hope that doesn't offend anyone who stumbles across my blog but people should be warned.

So my interesting combinations today were the following: wheatables w/tuna and baked potato w/left-over homemade spahetti sauce and low-fat cheese. Now I'm sure people have tried both of this many times, but they were firsts for me. The tuna is best using the pouch (starkist light is what I used). However, I would recommend taking a little container or paper plate to dump it on because the best part of the pouch is not having to use a can opener and drain the water off. This always makes my hands stink even after washing them. If you don't take a container to dump the tuna in from the pouch, you end up reaching in with your fork and eventually your fingers get tuna on them. Don't add mayo or anything- -you really don't need it. The wheatables (or whatever cracker you use) has plenty of flavor. I really liked it and it was filling.

Here was my day of eating and I have added the popcorn I will eat tonight as I watch a movie w/my hubby. :D

BREAKFAST:
Banana (80 calories, .1 sat. fat, 1mg sodium)
Yogurt- Upstate Farms (school) 1/2 cup- (90 calories, 0 sat. fat, Sodium 75mg)

Snack: Cheese stick (90 calories, 5g sat. fat, ?? sodium)

LUNCH:
Tuna (Starkist chunk light in a pouch)- 80 calories, 0 sat. fat., 300mg sodium) no draining and served on
16 wheatables (my cracker of choice) 140 calories, 1g sat. fat, 230mg sodium
celery and carrot sticks (2 calories, .2 sat fat, 3mg sodium, 16 calories, 4g sat. fat, 32mg sodium)
fresh pineapple chunks (1/2 cup) 41 calories, .1g sat fat, 1mg sodium

SNACK: Quaker Granola Bar- 100 calories, 1.5 grams Sat. fat, 75mg Sodium

DINNER:
Baked Potato (no skin)- (57 calories, .1g sat. fat, 149mg sodium)
w/left-over spaghetti sauce (120 calories)
cornbread (yes again) (140 calories per slice, 300mg sodium, 0 sat. fat. W/Honey- 1 tblsp. 64 calories, 0 sat. fat, 1mg sodium and spray butter 0 calories).

FRIDAY NIGHT SNACK- 100 calorie mini pouch popcorn

Total Calories Today: 1100-1200

As always... do your crunches and don't forget to check out the Easter candy calorie chart I posted a few posts down. I'll repost it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed