Thursday, April 22, 2010

DAY 110- Healthier Eating Journal

Hectic, skeptic day. I think our moods and perspective often reflect the weather. Our school had student body elections and cheerleader try-outs all in one assembly. The kids are always a little wound in class after the assemblies, but it's good to see them give their speeches and do tryouts, etc. I do feel for the kids who lose, but that is true in competition for jobs, or in sports, or in many situations in life. It'd just be nice if they didn't have to do the "feel bad" part. They do survive it though and perhaps it prepares them for other real life experiences because not everything in life will go our way. That's just life.

Prom is this weekend so all that frenzy is going on as well. I always think of my prom with my sweetie when this time of year rolls around. The year was 1980 and we were 17 (two of the youngest seniors in our class). I had one of those light blue dresses (I'm sure it had some form of polyester in it) with matching eye shadow and he rented a baby blue tux to match. I still have the dried flower corsage 30 years later.

So food talk.

BREAKFAST: Yogurt and granola bar (170 cal. and 1g of fiber)

Snack: Grapes (30) and 8 almonds (56 and 1g fiber)

Lunch: Lrg. Slice of Roast Beef (200), boiled potatoes (100 cal. and 2g fiber), carrots (10)

After School Snack: Raisin Bran Extra Cereal w/skim milk (230 cal. and 7 whopping grams of fiber) This has the almonds, craisins, and yogurt clusters in it.

Dinner: Tried the BLT w/avacado (45 cal. 2g fiber) as the spread instead of mayo and of course tomato and lettuce on whole grain toast. Liked it. Added a slice of provolone (70 cal.) so it was a high cal. sandwich but it was my dinner. 400 calories and 5g of fiber

Total Calories Today: 1300-1400

Made it up to 16g of fiber today. That's double from two days ago. Feel bloated though. I decided to do some more research to see if I really needed that much fiber and.... yep... she's right. I used the fiber calculator from University of Maryland's Medical System and it said my calories (to maintain my weight) are 1400 per day and my fiber actually needs to be 23grams. Yikes!
TO CALCULATE YOUR DAILY REQUIRED FIBER INTAKE GO TO:
http://www.healthcalculators.org/calculators/fiber.asp

2 comments:

  1. You are more beautiful now than you were even then in the light blue dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not very anonymous there sweetie. And if it wasn't you... (and we all know it is)... that would just be creepy. But thank you. And you are more handsome than you were in your light blue tux. :D

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed