Friday, April 23, 2010

DAY 111- Healthier Eating Journal

Today was a much better day and coincidentally the sun was shining. Hmmmm. Talked to some of the kids who didn't make it to practice last night and we're back on track. Some of them came in on their own today to rehearse and I'm feeling more relieved. Plus... it's Friday. :D They started decorating for prom today. It's much different than it was "back in the day" when decorating took the entire week. Plus the dance floor is the size of a living room. I asked why they made it so small (walled it in) and they said that no one will dance if it's big!??? Huh? Call me old.... that is just weird. Still, the decorations were awesome and they were all excited.

I had downed 15-- count em'-- 15 grams of fiber by noon today. I feel like my stomach has sludge in it as we speak, but I am doing my job on the fiber. By the time I eat dinner I will have reached my goal of 20. Woohoo! Now if I'm going to feel compacted every day eating 20 grams of fiber I might have to do more research to see 1) why that is 2) what are the bad effects of not eating 20 grams (because I do not want to feel like I'm compacted and bloated 24-7).

BREAKFAST: Raisin Bran Extra w/skim milk (230 calories and 7 grams of fiber)
SNACK: 12 pretzels = 27 calories
LUNCH: Parmesan Chicken w/broccoli (Healthy Choice Frozen Dinner) 390 – 40 (didn’t eat the dessert= 350). 8grams of fiber! :D
AFTER SCHOOL SNACK: Dannon LIght and Fit Yogurt (80) 2 sticks of my KitKat bar (100)
DINNER GOAL: 3 grams of fiber and under 500 calories

Wish me luck. Taking the daughter in town for some shopping and dinner. Girls night out before the baby shower. Rello has to stay home with daddy. :( He will be sad, but mommy needs a break. We have to pick up some things for the shower tomorrow. Thank you Jackie for organizing and hosting it. :D

I will post later about how successful I was staying under 500 calories while still getting in 3 more grams of fiber.

Well the good news first-- stayed under 500 calories. Only added four more grams of fiber though. The pregnant daughter got tired just riding in to town (okay... she is 8.8 months pregnant) and took Rello w/us so we decided just to go to KFC so she'd still have energy to go to Albertsons to pick up the groceries for tomorrow. I ordered the grilled chicken (drumsticks) with a side of coleslaw. Two grilled chicken drums= 140 calories but 0 fiber. The coleslaw was about 40 calories and 1 gram of fiber because I only had part of the serving. My stomach is still feeling very bloated from trying to cram all this fiber down it. I ate a small banana to get my other 3g of fiber in and 90 calories. The good news is I picked up blackberries to go w/my sugar free angel food cake for tomorrow and guess what?..... loaded with fiber! 1 cup has 8 grams! Natural fiber gold mine and only 65 calories. Something to remember. Just doing sandwiches, fruit salad, and chips tomorrow w/my angel food dessert for the baby shower.

Total calories for today= 1200
Total fiber today= 19-20 :D :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed