Wednesday, April 21, 2010

DAY 109- Healthier Eating Journal

So I'm feeling like one of those stranded shipwrecked people on this blog. Nevertheless, even if I'm just talking to myself, I'm helping myself. I'm pretty good at watching calories now and I avoid certain combinations because of excessive sodium. I eat way less chocolate because of the saturated fat and I also use butter spray and very little cooking oil. Now.... I am watching my fiber. I felt like I was on a scavenger hunt last night trying to find how much fiber's in the food I already eat. Then I got to school and my spinach had started going science project in the school fridge so I had to improvise.

Lunch: I ran home and grabbed a Healthy Choice frozen dinner. It was a salmon and rice one. Now, I really like most of their meals and they're very low cal. This one though.... Nasty! I seriously almost gagged. Do not recommend it unless you were the only person on that stranded island we discussed earlier and you didn't have any food to eat. Yes, it was that bad! So I forced down a few bites and couldn't do it anymore. Maybe got 100 calories. I ate an apple (90 calories and high in fiber), a Quaker Granola Bar (90 calories and 1g fiber) and some grapes (40 calories and .5g fiber)

Had my usual punt breakfast-- yogurt and a banana (170 calories and no fiber in the yogurt but almost 3g in the banana)

Snack: ½ Apple Strudel muffin (100 calories) and 12 almonds (90 calories and 1.7g fiber)

After School Snack: 2 sticks of my KitKat bar (100 calories and .5g fiber)

Dinner: Roast (138 calories and no fiber) w1/2 cup potatoes(60 and 1.7g fiber), carrots (10), thin slice of pumpkin pie (minus the crust) 100 calories and 1g fiber

Night Snack: 100 calorie mini pouch popcorn (4g of fiber)

Total Calories Today= 1200
Total Fiber 12-13 grams (still not at 20, but that's an improvement over yesterday and lunch was just abnormal today). A Fiber One Bar would have put me at my needed fiber. I might need to go buy some tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed