Monday, April 5, 2010

DAY NINETY FIVE- Healthy Eating Journal

Still recovering from holiday eating and food. Ever notice how your stomach doesn't like it when you "mix" too many types of foods in one day. Pretty sure I gained a couple pounds this weekend. Heavy stomach. No worries though. I just need to stick to good food choices this week. Thanks to Whit G. and the OSU cookbook she mailed me-- that's going to be a lot easier. Thank you so much Whit!

Today I started the day with a much needed serving of Activa Yogurt for breakfast. I finished off my box of wheatables today (16 for my mid-morning snack-140 calories) and had my 200 calorie healthy choice soup for lunch. I didn't eat all of it-- left the broth because I'm feeling so bloated. After school I had some pears and headed to town to pick up material for costumes for the play. Took a couple of hours and my stomach was growling so broke down and bought some Lays plain stack chips. Remember the Lays stacks are healthier than the Pringles. Had 200 calories worth between stores and driving. Made it back for late supper and made the shrimp alfredo pasta dish I posted, but you have to use fresh spinach and mushrooms for the best results. I also like thin noodles. Not a fan of thick noodles for anything except goulash. Now there's something I haven't made for a while. I think I'm going to try some turkey burger too. Tonight... just the pasta dish (320 calories) and a piece of whole grain toast w/butter spray (110 calories). Total calories about 1100 today but feel bloated nevertheless.

Speaking of that... had a conversation with a blog follower today about the whole cabbage thing. I think it's safe to say that the only reason those extreme-- go all week eating cabbage-- diets work, is because you spend a lot of time in the bathroom or wishing you were!! I only did it two days in a row and I couldn't take it any more. I want to find food habits that are natural and normal. That is not my idea of happy times eating!

Try out some of the great recipes for the OSU cookbook this week and I know some of you are attending or attended other colleges, so please feel free to send some from yours as well.

BACON WATER CHESTNUP WRAPS
(Trish)
3 cans of whole water chestnuts
3 pkgs bacon
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of ketchup
toothpicks

Directions: wrap each water chestnut in 1/2 slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Makes about 55. Bake on 325 for one hour, drain grease, and wipe out pan. Mix ketchup and sugar in a bowl and pour over cooked chestnuts. Then bake for one more hour.
Makes about 55 (140 calories for 4) I have also made these in the microwave.
They are the talk of the party and everyone will want the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed