Saturday, April 10, 2010

DAY 100- Woo-hoo Healthier Eating Journal

Well I decided to start off my one-hundredth day of eating healthier by weighing myself on the wii. It's been a couple weeks since I checked in because I skipped Easter weekend and the scale at school is still broken. The wii tells you that it hasn't seen you in a while (basically that you're a slacker) and then it reminds you of your goals. I started this journey at 167 and I thought it would be most appropriate to mark my 100th day with a weigh in. I am now 147. Now I know 20lbs. may not seem like a lot in 100 days, but I've been doing this at a realistic pace with realistic exercise (no gym passes or running or weightlifting). And I still have my sweet tooth, but I've learned what's in stuff and what some healthier choices are.

For example, today when I was yard-saling and the time was getting away from me and my stomach was grumbling, I rummaged around in my car as I headed home to fix a late lunch and found some jelly beans. Now two weeks ago I did the same thing-- forgot to take healthy snacks w/me. The jelly beans looked harmless enough, but they're 10 calories each and I ate 15 to hold me over. For 150 calories I could have a baked potato w/sour cream! I could have a small banana and Activa fit Yogurt! You get the point. Wasted, empty calories. 90% Of the time now, I make the better choices. I'm not perfect, but I'm so much better and know so much more now. I am still learning though. Like I ate turkey chili the other day and thought I was doing so great by going turkey, but found out that the avg. turkey chili has 900-1000mg of sodium in it. Hormel's turkey chili had even more~! Cured ham is horrible too 1900mg of sodium in a cup of ham. So, if you know you're going to eat something high in sodium (like tomorrow's baked ham), don't add salt to anything else at dinner, and pay attention to the sodium in whatever else you eat that day because you're already pushing your 2000 limit. For example, have an Activa Yogurt and a banana for breakfast (76mg sodium for both) and have a baked potato with sourcream and garlic powder and pepper for a total of 10mg sodium all together).

Total Food Intake Today:
BREAKFAST: French Toast w/2 tblsp. Lite Syrup, (225) 1 scrambled egg fried in Pam spray (90), 1/2 leftover baked potato fried in Pam spray (50 calories) and sprinkled w/bacon bits (25 calories.
SNACK: 15 jelly beans that I found in a bag in my car while I was driving around yard-saling (150)
LUNCH: ½ Tuna Sandwich w/pickle and 1 tbsp. of fat free ranch (230), 9 Kettle Cooked chips (75 calories, 80mg sodium, .5 grams sat fat.), 1 banana (80) and one chocolate covered pretzel Russ made me eat and said it was 40 calories.

Had a late, large breakfast (9:30) and a late lunch (2:30) because I’ll be fasting tomorrow, so I’ll be skipping supper tonight and breakfast tomorrow. We get home from church about 2:30 so it’ll be just in time to end our fast. I usually drink when I fast though most people don’t. It is not just a physical cleansing: it’s a spiritual cleansing as we think of a purpose to fast. We do this as a family once a month and think of those in need or ask for guidance in our own families, or both. The children and pregnant ladies or sick ones don’t fast.

TOTAL CALORIES TODAY= 1040 (without supper—which I won’t be having)

The daughter pulled out her tub of all her old (BTP)jeans (that means "before the pregnancy). I actually have pants that fit now. I am no longer a "sagger". I was so inspired that I choreographed the whole dance routine that one of my dance groups for the play hasn't been able to put together. That was my exercise for today and it was way more than I have been doing so I'm doing my crunches but nothing else tonight. A new weight, a new pair of pants, a lot of great deals at yard sales, a nice visit with my sweetie on the phone, and my kids are coming over tomorrow. It was a great 100th day of healthier eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed