Monday, April 19, 2010

DAY 107- Healthier Eating Journal

If you feed a child until they become obese... is that child abuse? Something to think about.

Still feeling a little tired from all the driving yesterday then an all day lecture inservice. I'm glad we have students tomorrow. It's funny how you miss them. The classroom and halls are pretty empty and pointless without them. The in-service meant free food, but that's not always a good thing. They did have fresh fruit w/muffins and bagels for breakfast. I skipped the muffins and only had 1/2 of a whole wheat bagel w/cream cheese. A few strawberries and pineapple too. They served taco salad for lunch and I had mine without any chips or shells. They also had Kudos 100 calorie snacks so I ate one (though I wasn't hungry when I ate it). I practiced "bored" eating today. Not good.

I had planned on cooking rice and fish for dinner, but the grandkids aren't all crazy about fish so I fried them hamburgers and made myself a tuna melt (to get in my omega3's) and steamed veggies. I baked their French fries but didn't eat any since Jeremy brought me a KitKat. I finally caved in and ate one little strip off of it. 50 Calories! After dinner I helped him organize his talk (since it's on obesity in America) and it was interesting as he put together his Carl Jr's order w/calories and sodium content. He said they don't eat out a lot (can't afford it), but when they do, he gets the two for one burger special. He has those Western bacon burgers w/lrg. fry and upgrades his drink to an Oreo milkshake. Grand total on calories= 2720. According to the calorie caluculator-- that's over his calorie intake for the DAY. The sodium intake was worse at 2800mg sodium (800mg over intake for the DAY). It was quite enlightening to say the least.

Today's eating:

BREAKFAST: 1/2 whole wheat bagel w/cream cheese, 4 strawberries, 2 lrg. chunks of pineapple, 1 cup of orange juice (Total breakfast calories=320)
SNACK: pretzels (110)
LUNCH: Taco Salad-- no chips or shell- 400
Snack: Kudos 100 calorie bar
Dinner: Tuna Melt w/provolone on small hamburger bun (250), steamed veggies (35), one stick of KitKat (50)

Total Calories for the day=1300

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed