Wednesday, April 14, 2010

DAY 104- Healthier Eating Journal

Well going to bed earlier certainly helped my energry and alertness level this morning, but I still wanted to hit the snooze button. I had to be there by 7:00 for kids coming in for the play and things I wanted to set up for my lesson today. Took an Activa yogurt (70) and banana (80) with me for breakfast. For lunch I had the full tuna sandwich on a bun (had to be 400 calories or more) w/baked chips (140) but I knew I would be headed straight to the track after school and wouldn't have time for any calories righ after school. I always just drink water with lunch. They had 1/2 cup of apricots for the fruit with lunch (50). After school I headed to the track meet to help out with timing and they brought in pizza about 6pm. I had a small thin slice of canadian bacon and pineapple (150). When I got home I had some warm hot chocolate- 120 calories-- (which is just always good after a track meet) and a piece of whole grain toast (110) w/butter spray, 1 tbsp. of peanut butter- 90 calories(yes, I measured to see what that would get me) and 1 tsp. of honey (which is plenty-32 calories).

Total Calories Today - 1200-1300

So Kali and I had this discussion today about how many calories I should be eating each day. I found this web site that calculates this for you based on 1)age 2) ht. and wt. 3) how active you are with exercise and 4)your gender. The nice thing about it is that it shows you how many calories you can take in each day if you want to maintain the weight you're at AND how many you should take in if you want to lose weight. You can also determine how much weight you'd like to lose per week. After the first couple of weeks doing this, I've never lost more than one or two pounds per week, so I just put in two per week. According to the calculations I should take in around 1300 calories per day if I want to lose 2 pounds per week. But I can take in 2000 calories per day if I want to maintain my current weight. So that's awesome, because if I decide I want to go eat out, or there's birthday cake, etc. going on, I can still do that as long as I stay at 2000 calories for the day and I'll maintain my weight. I only have seven more pounds to go and after getting used to 1200-1300 calories per day, I won't have a problem maintaining my weight. That is also based on moderate exercising 3x a week. I've about decided that 1500-2000 is the best range for maintaining my weight.

Here is the web site: http://calculators.hpathy.com/calories-need.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed