Friday, April 16, 2010

DAY 105- Healthier Eating Journal

I'm on the road again. Just can't wait to be on the road again (Yes, I'm thinkin' Willie again). If you don't get that.... you're young. My turn to go to the other side of the state. It seems like there's so much work to do before you leave that you're just tired the first day. Is car jetlag an oxymoron? So if you're going to be in the car for more than an hour you should plan ahead with the food. Why? Because it'll save you money and calories and you'll look better when you get to your destination... skinnier. :D Unless of course you pack junk like twinkies and pop. So plan ahead. I packed some munchies, but I also packed "safe" backup. I rolled up my thin sliced turkey deli meat and put it into a ziploc so I'd know that if I ate it all-- it'd just be 100 calories (and I did eat it all). I rolled them up so they wouldn't be messy to eat while I was driving. I also threw in a cheese stick (which I didn't eat... just not in the cheese mood today). And I had a yogurt in the bag in case I needed some filler and didn't want to go crazy. I like crunchy stuff when it's a long trip. I should have gotten some pretzels, but just had some leftover Sunchips from yesterday so put some (30) in a ziploc. They lasted me the whole trip (300 calories though)... plus the lunch meat... so 400 calories. I won't take 30 next time. If you take 30, you eat 30. The yogurt was too hard to open and pay attention etc. so didn't eat it. I should have brought a banana or apple to go with the deli meat and cheese stick. Next time.

For breakfast, little Rello was happy that Gma was home to have breakfast with him. I had yogurt and put some of the Special K granola in it. Not much though because that stuffs like 230 calories for 1/4 cup. I used a couple tablespoons. Since there are 16 tblsp. in a cup I'm going to say that was about 55 calories for my SK granola which is almost as much as the 70 calories for the whole yogurt! I'm going w/just adding fresh berries next time... or just eating it with my banana like I usually do. So lunch and breakfast= 525

Rello got to go to the doctor w/mommy (my daughter) today to see Kayson (his unborn baby brother). She had an ultrasound and they let him be in there. They did the ultrasound because the baby hasn't been moving much. Turns out he's just a big boy with little room to move. He wasn't moving in the ultrasound room either until Rello started carrying on about Kayson being a "scary". I suppose he did look like an alien on that screen. He's was talking loudly and baby Kayson started moving. I'm sure it's not the first time Kayson has heard Rello holler! :D All is well and we're hoping Kayson comes soon because he's going to be a big boy!

It was nice weather for traveling, but it's very boring when you're on the road by yourself. I practiced rolling my belly button to my back (yoga) and danced and sang a little with the radio. It is definitely a tempting time to snack so remove all food that you don't want consumed when you leave on a trip (especially if you're alone). When I got home it was so good to see my sweetie and he had read my blog and gone to the store to pick out the food for dinner. He grilled me a steak that he marinated in A1 marinade (20 calories per tblsp) and seasoned with the grillmaster seasoning I like. It was SO good. I love when he BBQs. He baked me a potato and made a green salad and even picked up some lowfat ranch dressing (wishbone) that was good (40 calories). We were talking about going out for dessert but we looked up some calories first. His large rootbeer float would have been over 600 calories. We looked up a couple of other things and decided just to go with a small cone made at home. Heavenly hash 1/2 cup=150 calories plus the small Keebler sugar cone (50). Not a 100 calorie dessert, but much better choice than a large rootbeer float! All together-- an awesome dinner by my sweetheart and a total of 600 calories.

We went to the movies. Skipped the popcorn since we just had ice cream, but went to the book store before the movie and they had those Utah truffles that are unlike all the other fake chocolate. One of the truffle bars is 300 calories though. Couldn't do it. They had bite size ones (which is cruel and unusual punishment) and I treated myself but it was 75 calories. The cashier had an accent and saw us looking at the truffles. She said that U.S. chocolate is fake tasting to her-- very waxy-- which I agree-- but that these truffles are very similar to the German chocolate she is used to. She then proceeded to tell us that Smiths has real German chocolate that she loves, but that it's "quite spendy" (imagine the English accent). When we read the calories on the truffle she was quite dismayed. Aghast! "No wonder I've gained weight since I started working here! I love those things!"

So total calories today= 1200
Time spent with my hubby... priceless. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed