Sunday, April 25, 2010

DAY 113- Healthier Eating Journal

Sometimes on Sunday... especially when it's nice, or when I just need some quiet time... I like to go for a drive. I don't really plan where I'm going to go except that I tend to gravitate toward the pastures, trees, and country setting. It feels peaceful... slower. People out riding horses, walking along fields that are freshly plowed, and leaning over fences visiting with their neighbors. I like it.

Before I forget... I challenge you to do what I've been doing and what my students have been doing when you go through a drive-thru or eat out at a restaurant-- simply ask how many calories are in your order. I went through KFC a few days ago for some grilled chicken and coleslaw and not only didn't he know... he didn't even try to find out. Every place before this has at least had it by the time I get to the window.

On the fiber note.... some forms of fiber take effect quicker than others. :D Something to consider. It has definitely kicked in ... finally on day three of eating my fiber regularly.

Today's Food Intake:

BREAKFAST: Frosted Mini-Wheats (230 cal. and 7g of fiber)
SNACK: 10 Grapes (25)
LATE LUNCH AFTER CHURCH: 1/2 Tuna Sandwich. No Mayo and only 1/2 sandwich w/tomato, spinach leaves, pickle, and 1/2 slice of provolone (200). 1/4 cup of coleslaw (40). 1 cup of steamed asparagus, broccoli, zucchini, and squash (50) Total Lunch Calories (290)
DESSERT: Slice of sugar free angelfood cake w/1 cup of frozen blackberries and 2 tblsp. of lite cool-whip (145 calories and 8 grams of fiber)
EVENING SNACK: 1 Cup of trail mix (high fiber, but higher calories) 280 cal. and 6 grams of fiber because I mostly picked out the nuts and some of the raisins

Total Calories for the Day= 1000-1100
Fiber for the Day= 24 Grams!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed