Tuesday, April 13, 2010

DAY 103- Healthier Eating Journal

So I was a little nervous about showing the teeny-boppers the dance routine for our play, but I have to say, that going over it and over it the last few nights has really reminded me of how many calories I used to burn when I danced. It has been great for me. And... the girls were kind. They didn't make fun of the old lady's dance and they are humoring me by doing it and saying they liked it. The important thing is... it's done. No more debating about which song, which moves, etc. And, they are good sports who look cute doing it so it's all good. I did threaten the boys that if they didn't have all their dance ready by Thursday that I'd be choreographing there's too. That got them going! They do all that "popping" and the only popping I can do is to put my hip back in place, so I'm glad they're on it!

I think I have spring fever turned summer fever because I am having such a hard time getting out of bed lately. That translates into breakfast on the go. Luckily, I have learned to keep healthy get and go food around. I grab my yogurt (70) and banana (80) and head out the door. I also took food to work. I had the 4oz. salmon (110) w/spinach salad that had mandarin oranges in it an a few sliced almonds (130). I used the balsamic spritzer (yum). I used it on both the fish and the salad. For dessert I had 1 cup of cottage cheese (200). My morning snack was a few carrot sticks and celery sticks. My after school snack was a Fresca because it was nice and hot outside and I was thirsty. I know it's not healhty. It's empty calories, but it sounded good.

For dinner we had so many phone calls and visitors in between that I ended up fixing a quick 1/2 sandwich (230) instead of dirtying the kitchen. Ever have those days? I did the baked chips with it (160) and a granola bar (90). Then.... Russ came in and gave me a plate of 4 shrimp he had cooked up. I wasn't going to eat them because I had already eaten, but I looked up the calories and... Holy Cow! 4 Large shrimp (steamed, no batter) = 22 calories! Yeah!Shrimp and Fresca both for 22 calories. What a day! Okay... they're both things that need to be eaten sparingly, but I liked it!

Another 1100-1200 calorie day and I could have a bag of 100 calorie mini pouch popcorn tonight if I want and still be fine! It does pay to pay attention to portion control, and what food you eat. It feels like I just eat all the time. The food you buy and keep around the house and at work really plays a lot into your failure and success at healthier eating and weight loss. The other part is staying active. Dance, bike, walk (quickly), try something new (like Tai Chi) or make a pact with your hubby (or parent or sibling) to do crunches and squats every night. Who are you accountable to? Makes a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed