Monday, April 26, 2010

DAY 114- Healthier Eating Journal

It was a busy, busy Monday. Yesterday I decided to start working on healthier "inside" changes as well. This week I will..... call or write to an old friend that hasn't heard from me in a while and tell them how awesome they are. I will ask a co-worker if I can ride her horse (something I haven't done in... it's been so many years I can't even remember... maybe 20???). Number 3-- Another co-worker is always asking me to come over or go to a movie or something with her. I'm going to do that. I did a personal inventory this weekend and I need to expand my personal circle a little more. Life is too short not to let others in. In high school we're all about our friends, then we get married and have kids and we're all about our kids and we leave our friends slowly, but surely, in temporary mode. Maybe it's just me. At any rate, I'm not going all hog-wild and I certainly don't need to do things with friends every night now... I'm thinking once or twice a month would be healthy. That still leaves me grandkid time and sweetie time. We'll see how it goes. I started by writing to a friend I've been thinking about. Tomorrow, I don't know which one I'll do, but I will try. :D

The food me is just getting more and more comfortable with pacing myself and knowing what I'm eating. There is so much control AND freedom just in knowing what you're eating. If I want a KitKat bar I just figure it into one of my snack times. It's not like I don't have it. I'm trying to get my fiber in and I'm keeping my calories at a rate that lets me lose weight, but it's still above 1000 calories so I'm still doing it at a healthy slow rate of 2-3 pounds every two weeks. It's all been gradual. I also know that on days I have things going on that involve food celebrations or it's just the weekend, I can eat calories that "maintain" my weight and I eat more than I normally eat, but I still don't gain weight because there's a difference between calories that maintain your weight and calories that equal pounds lost. And yes.... I still focus on my core by doing my squats (not with weights) each night and my crunches (lying down in bed) every night. I swear by those two.

I also took Rello for a walk down to the store to buy our stuffing for dinner. That's a good little bit of exercise, especially coming up the hill on the way back. It's not a big hill, but it's enough that you know it's a hill. I also plan to work on some more dances for the play tonight. That should work of a few calories from today!
My Food Intake Today:

BREAKFAST: Frosted Mini-Wheats (230 and 7g of fiber)

SNACK: Large Apple (115 calories and 5g of fiber and way too much apple for me in one setting)

LUNCH: ½ can of tuna fish (45) and 10 Ritz crackers (150,)Dannon Fit Yogurt (80) I at the yogurt about an hour after the tuna and crackers because they were filling. Total lunch calories=280

AFTER SCHOOL SNACK: 1/2 cup of cole slaw (90 cal. and 1g of fiber) and 7 potato chips (I saw them... I ate them... what can I say.. at least I know to count and stop at 1/2 the serving :)(80)

DINNER: Tried the Bruschetta Chicken Bake (270 calories and 2g of fiber per serving)
Ingredients: 4 oz part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded, 1 tsp leaves dried basil, 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast, cut into pieces, 2 cloves garlic, 1 can tomatoes, diced, 1/2 cup water, 6 oz stove top stuffing mix. Directions: Pre-heat oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Place tomatoes in medium bowl. Add stuffing mix, water and garlic; stir just until stuffing mix is moistened. Set aside. Place chicken in 13 x 9" baking dish; sprinkle with the basil and cheese. Top with stuffing mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. It was pretty good. I'll add corn and more cheese, but it was pretty good if you like stuffing (which I do). It was also very easy and quick. I had 1/2 cup left-over steamed veggies (25 cal. and 1g of fiber) with it and another piece of my left-over sugar free angel food cake (60) w/2 tblsp. of lite coolwhip (20) and 1/2 cup of blackberries (30 cal. and 4g of fiber).

Total Calories Today=1300
Total Fiber Today= 21-22 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed