Sunday, April 4, 2010

DAY NINETY THREE and NINETY FOUR- Healthy Eating Journal

This will be short because I am up in the mountains at my in-laws. There is still snow everywhere, but the roads were clear so it's beautiful up here. They have a lodge and motel with a game room and we all stayed there (our children and their families and my husband's siblings and some of their kids as well) so it was fun to play games all night. They have shuffleboard and we had tables set up of card games and of course lots of food. On the drive up we stopped at Jack in the Box and I had to make a healthy choice I ate the grilled chicken pita (310 calories, 650mg sodium, 3g sat. fat-- hold the chipolte sauce so the sodium's probably lower than what I listed-- and my bad choice was we shared part of an order of bacon cheese potato wedges. We didn't eat the whole order because we were sure it had to be loaded but even a few were yummy. We ate 2/3 of the order, so 560 calories divided by 2 is 280 calories each. Sharing an order of anything saves calories!!! Still we're talking a 600 calorie lunch! :D On the road again... (think Willy Nelson) By the way, breakfast was a scrambled egg and 1 piece of whole wheat toast w/butter spray (200 breakfast total calories). Supper was BBQ in the snow. :D I only had 1/2 a hamburger patty (no bun) 160 calories, a pickle and 1/2 cup of Trish's awesome potato salad (180 calories).

The kids loved running out on the deck at the cabin by the river. The view here is amazing as always. Being with family is always a blessing. The Easter bunny had to dig in the snow to hide all the eggs in the meadow. It's an annual event up here. They also have church in the Wildwood. People show up in their jeans and they all file into the little church. We also get cable up here so we can watch our church programs as a family. Leanda (my husband's sister) and I spanked everyone in Pinochle last night. I don't know who won at the hand and foot table or the shuffleboard table, but I know we won at ours. :D Grandma Trish played snap with the grandkids and that was fun to watch too. It was great to see everyone again. And of course Trish made her mouthwatering bacon waterchestnut wraps for snack foods. We also had the spinach dip w/bread, and popcorn, etc. I had four the of the waterchestnut wraps (140 calories), some Fresca (0 calories) and some of my low cal popcorn. I will post the recipe for Trish's waterchestunt wraps and I promise they will become one of your favorite party snacks!

At 7am this morning I could hear little feet running up and down the hallway then there was a knock at our door. The grandkids wanted to know if the Easter bunny had came to our room too. They were shocked that he had forgotten us! (something to remember) but relieved when we headed up to Grandpa Alan and Grandma Trish's house/cabin and saw that he had left a large basket there as well. I guess Grandpa and I were the only bad ones. I made breakfast for all with the help of my sweetie and Leanda. Leanda cut up all the fresh strawberries, pineapple, and bananas. My husband fried up the chorizos (real Basque ones from Pauls-- not the fake ones), and I made french toast and scrambled eggs. Yes, I exposed everyone to scrambled eggs w/spinach and low-fat mozzerella cheese. Taco shells gave everyone the choice of making a buritto if they didn't want french toast. I figured since Trish is making Easter dinner she should get a break for breakfast. I had some fruit, some eggs, and french toast. Trish had some Michele's Butter Pecan Syrup 220 for 1/4 cup (I used 2 tbsp-- so 110) and that was some of the best syrup I've tasted.

The Egg hunt out in the meadow was cold but beautiful and fun for the kids. We had an "in" with one of the dress-up chickens and he helped the grandkids out. Then we had our big Easter dinner of ham potatoes and gravy, green beans, and rolls. I didn't eat any rolls, but I'm sure they were as great as the rest of our dinner. Thank you Trish! Thanks to all the family who made it a wonderful Easter. Our spiritual health goes hand in hand with our physical health. Of this I am certain. I look forward to more mountain views and family memories this day. I thank the Lord for all my blessings.

Kalli, I hope you're feeling better. Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed