Tuesday, April 27, 2010

DAY 114- Healthier Eating Journal

Be sure to check out the great article I found on foods that help you sleep. It might surprise you. (It's listed below this posting). I'm doing this early today because I have a lot to get done this evening and this blog takes a while to do. First of all, I am keeping the Crockpot Pepsi Porkchops on my dinner menu because I forgot to pick up the ingredients (I don't drink caffeine and might have pop a couple times a month) so I couldn't start it this morning. Rello (the grandson) and I are going to take another trip to the store when he wakes up and we'll get the ingredients and make it tomorrow instead. Or, I might have his mommy pick it up because it looks like it might rain and she's going shopping with her coupons tonight.

I'm feeling better and better about our play coming together after individual practices this week and last. I'm expecting them to sing, dance, and memorize lines from a play they've never heard of (because I wrote it just for them). Overall, they're digging in and getting it done. Another couple got their dance routine down this morning and one of my lead singers sang for me this morning and he really sang it quite well. I'm still nervous and a little stressed because that's what I do before any play, but I am also excited and ready to see it all come together. They're pretty amazing kids.

So foodwise, I was on the go with morning and lunch drama practices so it was easy to stick to my menu.

BREAKFAST: I took my Dannon Fit Yogurt for breakfast (80 calories) and grabbed a Quaker Granola Bar, but I didn't check which one it was. They're usually 80-90 calories. I ate it and thought, Wow! this is chocolate covered for 90 calories?! No, it was 140 calories and 1g fiber. The pregnant lady switched the boxes on me again. Still, breakfast was only (220 total) calories which is fine!

SNACK: Large Apple (didn't buy any small ones-- still can't eat the whole thing because they're just so big) 100 calories and 5g of fiber

LUNCH: Healthy Choice Frozen Turkey Breast Dinner-- 290 calories and 9g of fiber)

AFTER SCHOOL SNACK: 100 calorie mini-pouch popcorn (3g of fiber)

DINNER: Moving the Crockpot Pepsi pork chops to tomorrow and tonight I had eggs that I haven't had for a while (w/cheese and fresh spinach) because I saw on the list below that eggs and cheese are foods that will help me sleep and I haven't been sleeping very well the last few nights. I crumbled some lean ground sausage in the bottom of the pan and cooked it in small crumbled pieces until done then drained the very little grease and added the fresh spinach. Put the lid on it and let it steam a little stirring at times for a couple minutes. Then added he scrambled eggs. When they were done I shredded on some low-fat cheese (using very thin shredding blade) and turned it in the bowl upside down so cheese would melt. I added salsa later. About 200 calories per serving. I used whole grain toast (one slice) to make French toast w/butter spray (140) and some sugar free syrup (10 cal. for 1/4 cup and used 1/2 that so 5 calories) on it. The whole grain is also supposed to good for sleeping too. Total dinner calories= 350 and fiber 1gram

Total Calories Today= 1100
Total Fiber Today= 19 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed