Sunday, April 18, 2010

DAY 106- Healthier Eating Journal

What a nice Sunday! The sun was shining and it was "beautiful day in the neighborhood" as Mr. Rogers would say. Do kids even know who Mr. Rogers is anymore? I remember watching this episode where he assured the little kid that there weren't any monsters down the drain and that he wouldn't go down the drain when they pulled the plug. I thought, "Really? There are kids who honestly believe they will go down the drain if you pull the plug?!" Then we had Mandy.... She screamed bloody murder at the top of her lungs if you pulled the plug before she got out of the tub. She did that till she was 4. I'm sure her brothers had something to do with the fact that she believed she would go down the drain. It was quite traumatizing for all of us.

It was great to see and visit with old friends this weekend. What is life about if not about people. How boring and pointless our lives would be without them. The speakers at church were great and the story of Moses and his trek through the balmy desert was timely. I've always thought how ungrateful and arrogant his followers must have been to witness so many miracles and answers to prayers in their life and yet they would murmur and complain every time something went wrong. And then I thought about my own life and pretty much I could say the same thing about myself. Time to focus on the have's and not the have not's (for example). :D

The drive back across the state was predictably boring, but coming back always seems to go quicker and take less gas. Haven't figured that one out yet. Being gone for the weekend also makes it feel like you didn't rest much and BAM! work in the morning. At least it's an in-service day so we'll be doing the learning instead of the teaching. I dropped off bags of cookies to both sons and got to see Jason's raspberries and garden spot (in the dark). Baby Maddy and I tried to decide which star was hers. It was such great weather it was fun to be out even at night. My other son and his wife just got a trampoline with the "cage" around it. Brought back many trampoline memories from when the kids were little. They loved sleeping on it and of course seeing if they could bounce each other (which is why I'm relieved to see they got one with a cage/net). I'm a bit excited to jump on it as well. Maybe we'll put the pregnant daughter on there... that could speed things up. :D J/K Mandy.

Well, it's been a long day. Here's my food news for the day:

BREAKFAST: Honey bunches of oats (160 w/milk) fresh strawberries on the cereal (5 sliced=10 calories), one piece of toast w/butter spray (120). Total breakfast calories= 290
SNACK: 2 Homemade chocolate chip cookies (140) made by my husband :D
LUNCH: Roast (138), potatoes w/gravy (130), 1/2 cup corn (66), 2 more cookies (140). Total lunch calories= 474 (includes dessert)
DINNER: cheese stick and yogurt (160)

Total Calories Today= 1100

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed