Wednesday, April 28, 2010

DAY 115- Healthier Eating Journal

Another busy day to make the time fly and the calories seem secondary to simply being involved in life. That's a good thing. This morning I had to grab the yogurt and an apple for on-the-go breakfast because of early morning drama practice. Got the genie dance figured out so she can come out of the lamp correctly. Worked on the tinkerbell/cowboy dance last night and taught that one after school. This is all really good, fun exercise. It's nice to feel like I can do this stuff again. The kids are working hard. More dance groups and rehearsals after school. Just a busy day. Staff members are also wearing pedometers in a healthy incentive program we're participating in. It's a good idea. The pedometers are pretty cheap though-- as they quickly discovered-- and one minute you're up to 7000 steps and the next minute-- Blip-- you're back to zero. It's kind of cool to see how many steps you take though. I had no idea I walked so much just in a normal day's work. Throw in the dancing and my steps really go up. Good deal.

I'm watching the highlights of the new Shrek movie on American Idol (they went to the opening of it) and guess what? They're making the cat (Puss n Boots) that was the warrior/Zorro type character last night this fat blob and they talk about how he doesn't exercise or get out anymore and he just sits around eating. Hmmmmmm. Just can't get away from it. I also wanted to tell you that the eggs and cheese I tried last night as "sleep" food.... works. I was sleepy. The problem is, I ate that about 6pm. So I was still relaxed last night when I slept (could be a mind thing), but I was sleepiest about an hour after I ate. And, you can't eat after 8, so.... I do agree with eating lighter foods that your digestive system can handle in the evening though. I even agree certain foods do make you sleepier. I just have to figure it out... like I have so many things throughout this journey.

Speaking of trying things.... don't waste your time on the pepsi porkchops. I had one tonight and 1) heartburn (probably the diet pepsi) and 2) just wasn't that good-- dry meat even. I have much better recipes for pork chops in the crockpot and I think I'll just stick to them. It is good to try new things though. :) It's also good not to have a pregnant lady w/24-7 cravings livng in your house when you're trying to eat healthier. If she wants ice cream... she gets it. She came home yesterday all excited because she found 90 calorie ice cream snickers treats for me. Great.... I love Snickers. Can do without ice cream most of the time, but I tried one and.... she needs to eat them quickly so I don't eat anymore!!!! She did bring me some more wheatables by request and I learned that you need to check THE FIRST INGREDIENT listed (not just because it's what makes up the majority of what's in there) because if the first word is "enriched" or is not whole grain or wheat, you're not getting your full good grains. I'm bummed that the words on the box say "made from stone ground wheat" and yet what's the first word? Enriched. Yep. It does say whole wheat flour in parenthesis after that so how does that work exactly? Well I can have 16 for 140 calories and they have the pecan in them and 1g of fiber, but I can see there are probably healthier choices. I will finish the box though. It's better than jelly beans or cake. :D

Today's Food Intake:

BREAKFAST: Dannon Fit Yogurt (80) and 1 apple (90 and 3g of fiber)
SNACK: 16 Wheatables (Pecan) 140 cal. and 1g of fiber
LUNCH: Healthy Choice Shrimp Dinner (290 calories and 9g of fiber)
AFTER SCHOOL SNACK: 1/2 cup of the scrambled egg w/sausage and spinach left over on a piece of toast (220 and 1g of fiber)
DINNER: One porkchop cooked in the Diet Pepsi Crockpot recipe. (200 and no fiber)
DESSERT: Mini Snickers Ice Cream Treat (90). Didn't get enough fiber today.

Total Calories Today= 1100
Total Fiber Today= 14grams

I'll have my frosted mini-wheats tomorrow to make sure I get more fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed