Thursday, April 1, 2010

DAY NINETY ONE- Healthier Eating Journal

Busy, busy day. One of those days you just run from one thing to the next. I ate more calories than I have been (but I'm not going to melt down over it this time) because I knew I was very active today physically. I don't like going over 1500. I didn't watch my sodium as closely as I should have though and went a little over-- not much, but I noticed it's a lot easier to rack up the sodium in prepackaged foods. The cabbage stew was great and holy cow! majorly low in calories. It was kind of cold today, so I was craving hot chocolate (as you can tell by the fact I had it in the morning and at night). I got my chocolate fix without the saturated fat, but it did cost me some sodium. Still... that's better than all the saturated fat in candy bars. I also noticed on my hot chocolate packet that it said to get the water hot, but NOT boiling. That agrees with everyone I've read about the whole 70 degrees and too hot being bad for you. Anyway, I thought that was interesting.

It took me four hours after supper to sort and clean out just one of my drama closests at school and I would have been there all night if my son hadn't came over to help me out. He's OCD like me about getting things organized so it was a huge treat and big help to have him there with me. Thank you Anne for letting him come! :D I figured I burned off my hot chocolate calories during that four hour time period of being on my feet, lifting, bending, etc. Of course Jason burned even more because he did the heavier lifting and hauled out all the stuff I threw out when we were done. I did find some things I can use in the play though and even found a tub of my personal Halloween stuff that I thought had been lost. Jason was particularly happy about that since he is now in charge of the big Halloween family garage project in October and he had purchased some of the items in the lost family tub! :D

So here was my eating day:

BREAKFAST: Peaches instant oatmeal (low sugar)- 130 calories, .5 sat. fat, 230mg sodium
Hot chocolate (not over 70 degrees)- 110 calories, 0 sat. fat, 140mg sodium

SNACK: 16 wheatables- (140 calories, 1g sat. fat, 230mg sodium)

LUNCH:
Turkey (153 calories, .3g sat. fat, 59mg sodium)
¼ cup gravy (35 calories, 1g sat. fat, 190mg sodium)
½ cup instant potatoes (120 calories, 1.5g sat. fat, 348mg sodium)
1 cup green beans (27 calories, .1g sat. fat, 3mg sodium)

SNACK: 25 pretzels (stick shape) 55 calories, 0 sat. fat, 220mg sodium
banana (80 calories, .1 sat. fat, 1mg sodium)

DINNER:
Cabbage stew-homemade by moi
(cabbage, baby carrots, celery, zucchini, asparagus, diced tomatoes, herbs and spices to taste) 1 cup- 120 calories
Leftover piece of Marie Calendar's Low Fat Cornbread Mix (add water) 140 calories per slice, 300mg sodium, 0 sat. fat. W/Honey- 1 tblsp. 64 calories, 0 sat. fat, 1mg sodium and spray butter 0 calories.
Mandy's BC Apple Streusel muffin (230 calories, 1g sat. fat, 270mg sodium)
Hot chocolate again (110 calories, 0 sat. fat, 140mg sodium)

Total Calories- 1510 calories
Total Sat. Fat- 5 grams
Total Sodium-2140

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed