Saturday, April 17, 2010

DAY 106- Healthier Eating Journal

My sweetie cooked me breakfast. I had cinnamon swirl toast w/a scrambled egg that had fresh spinach scrambled in it and 2 pieces of bacon. 400 calorie breakfast but I'm maintaining my weight this weekend instead of losing. Plus I like to eat a full breakfast on the weekend. We went grocery shopping to get him some healthy groceries for when I'm gone. Picked out some meats, some light ice cream (100 calories per half cup instead of 170) and fresh fruits and butter spray. We did a little yard-saling but didn't find anything of interest. Went to the second hand stores and found some books. That's the best place to get books.... cookbooks, kids books, history, gifts (as in books that have obviously never even been read and they still have the 18.95 price tag on them and brand new book jacket. At $1.00 and $2.00 it's a great deal. Got the oil changed in the car and mainly just walked around holding hands a lot. Oh, and got my hair thinned. I start looking like a mushroom if I don't get it thinned.

Mr. "I'm a bad eating influence" brought the bag of basalmic chips and that was our healthy morning snack (140). Had re-runs for lunch 1/2 steak, 1/2 cup baked potato and spinach salad. Also had a cranberry grapefruit Sobe today (10 calories)So add another 500 calories for lunch and snacks. Played some cards and some ninetendo (yes, we have one game we know how to play and we're not good w/the new type controlers so we just stick to the one game we know). I won both at cards and nintendo. Whoa, did I just say that! :D Okay, I'm competitive. All right, we also did the crossword puzzle (he printed out the same one so we could both do it at the same time) and he did beat me done on the puzzle.

He made tacos for dinner but he used the elk hamburger and we got some low cal salsa that was just nasty. Very tangy. Between that and the elk... I got down one bite and thought I might instant replay, so had to punt. We've never had salsa that odd tasting before. The elk steak we had last time was okay, and maybe it was the salsa mix, but just couldn't do it. Had a few chips to rid my mouth of the taste and a 1/2 cup cottage cheese, but even that tasted a little funky after that sour salsa, so couldn't eat the cottage cheese either. Settled for two pieces of cinnamon swirl toast w/butter spray. I know.... not the healthiest dinner, but can't take all night for dinner. Dinner calories? Hmmm. I bite of timid bite of taco, a few chips (with 1/4 cup cottage cheese, not salsa) 100? 150? Two pieces of cinnamon swirl toast 240.

Our dessert today-- homemade banana split. You can save calories by cutting the banana in half and sharing it. I put sliced up 4 strawberries on each of our bananas and we tried the light ice cream (1/4 cup 50 calories) w/1/4 cup reg. choc. ice cream (85 calories)and drizzled a very little chocolate syrup (which also comes in lite). Use the measuring cups when you do your ice cream on a b. split, or cone, or sundae. If ice cream is more like a topping than the main course you can enjoy it and have a lot less calories. If you do the banana split like this (and there's sugar free spreads too) you can enjoy a great ice cream dessert for only 220-250 calories. Same calories as a piece of cake or a candy bar.

Total Calories = 1450 (maintaining my weight kind of calories-- not weight loss calories but I did enjoy the banana split)

Time spent with my best friend= priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed