Sunday, January 31, 2010

DAY THIRTY ONE- January 31, 2010

Woke up to snow this morning and it was still snowing as I drove to church. No matter what church you attend, it's always uplifting to hear familiar songs (How Great Thou Art) and to feel a familiar Christian spirit when you attend a new church. The people today were warm and caring. I shook a multitude of hands and sat next to strangers who shared a common belief. I saw some familiar faces from school and the smiles were assuring. I enjoyed my first Sunday at a new church.

After church I headed back to Grandma Shorty's to spend my last night there. She had homemade hamburger and cabbage vegetable soup made. It hit the spot on a cold day and had healthy nutrients as well. My throat has been getting a little sore and I don't know if that's from back to back days of basketball games, or if I'm finally coming down with the cold that my players have been passing around. Regardless, I made myself some lemon honey water to sooth and clean the throat of germs. I just warm (not boil) a cup of water for one minute in the microwave then I squirt in some lemon juice and add enough honey so it's not too bitter. It cures my throat every time. It also tastes good on a cold day. I'm going to have toast and hot chocolate for supper tonight (go light since I went heavy yesterday).

Final game tomorrow. The championship. It's always bittersweet when a season ends. There's such a bond that develops between the players and with a coach, that it is like splitting up a family when the season ends. I know I can go cheer them on in other sports and watch them grow over the years and I am blessed for being a part of their life even if just for a season.

I'll use my new free time to get my rental fixed up and to start on the spring play. There's always something to keep me busy. And of course I'll have to fix up some of the spare bedrooms so my grandkids can come stay with me now. I am very excited for all that is new and all that has been so far. I should also have a lot more time to exercise and I'll be one block from the gym. Good things coming (including Valentine's Day). :) I'll see if I can find some low calorie treats.

3 comments:

  1. Remember at Annes baby shower and Grandma Shorty
    made the potato salad with the onions in it? mmm, that sounds sooooo good right now. How calorie do you think is in Grandma Shorty's potato salad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My reward for dropping a pant size was to drink a soda. It wasn't as good as I was thought it would be....hmmm, Next time I will stay with the waffle. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a candy bar yesterday and it just didn't taste as good as I remember. A little Hershey kiss was just as satisfying. Hmmmm I wonder how many calories those are. As for Gma Shorty's potato salad-- I've seen all the mayo she puts in it, so I'm going to say "yum" but loaded. You're doing awesome. Making me look bad :) in a good way. 455 calories in a cup of flour-- keep remembering that waffle girl

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed