Thursday, January 21, 2010

DAY TWENTY ONE- January 21, 2010

In five days, my first child turns 29. Some days I still wish I could just put on the brakes and do nothing but enjoy my children. No phones, no jobs, no rushing all these different directions, and today I realized something. I could put on the brakes. I could slow down. We all can.
Something else that will slow you down--- sludge chili. I had never had it before tonight. I wanted something healthy for dinner from the concession stand (oxymoron, I know), and I was so happy they had chili at an away game.... until I ate it. I think I have 20lbs sitting in my stomach screaming to get out. It was only one cup but if you turned the spoon upside down, the chili didn't budge! The spoon almost broke, but the chili didn't budge. "Don't eat it!" you're thinking. Okay, I had two bucks left and I spent it on chili. I hadn't ate since my rabbit food salad at lunch. I may regret it tonight... but I ate most of it. I'm sure I gained weight just eating it. What was I thinking!? I need to get with it and plan ahead again. I have an away game Saturday... 50 crunches if I forget to take healthy food to eat between games. No concession food.
I picked up little Rello on the way home and he's spending the night with me. I needed his little cheesy grin and baby hugs after tonight. He's such a cutie! I may change my mind after he sleeps on my head all night, but right now, he's a little angel. Tomorrow, I'm trying to make myself try something "new" every meal, so instead of having a coach, I am challenging everyone else to try at least one of the new recipes I'm posting for Friday and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed