Wednesday, January 13, 2010

DAY THIRTEEN- January 13, 2010

Question of the day: Are we raising a society of Bart Simpsons? Just a thought.
So I had some "guided" directives for my menu today, but basically had to come up with it within those guidelines. I had cream of wheat (it's growing on me) and a banana for breakfast. I decided to see if I could eat healthy from the cafeteria and I was able to choose from two different lines so I ended up with some potatoes (the carb part), some broccoli, and some fresh celery and cucumbers. I skipped the chicken nuggets completely. Now before you go thinking I went overboard on the veggies (Erica said I had to have 2 today), I also remembered that I had to have 2 fresh fruits and that I got a dessert. I decided to take the challenge to make a dessert under 100 calories.
Here's what I ended up with (and I would eat it again). I went to Paul's and bought one of those sugar-free angelfood cakes. I cut it into 12 slices. I also bought a package of frozen blackberries (no sugar added), and a tub of lite cool-whip. I drizzled a couple tablespoons of berries w/natural syrup over the top and dobbed 2 tblsp. of the cool-whip on top. I served it to 11 friends (and ate one myself). It was REALLY good and only 90 calories.
For dinner Grandma Shorty has been working hard to cook something I'll eat. She whipped up a rice dish with some veggies in it and the leftover chicken. It was really good too. She had baked some biscuits and I passed on those, but it was sweet of her and she didn't even offer me another chocolate (I think she ate them all :)! I loved the "unwind" Arbonne lotion last night. Thanks Erica. I have very sensitive skin, so I thought I'd either break out or get a headache from the smell, but neither of those things happened. I went right to sleep (of course I was tired) and my hands were very soft this morning. I tried to drink the 8 cups of water, but it was pushing it to drink three water bottles (6 cups) today. Sorry. I used the fizz tab in the last one I drank, but I can't handle that sugar substitute taste. It leaves a nasty after-taste in my mouth. Can't do the fizz tabs, but I am trying all the other stuff too.
I did the Leslie Sansone Pilates workout though. It is getting easier. I think a combination of Yoga, Pilates, and Jillian workout will end up in my permanent lifestyle when this is all over. I might add the wii fit too. I'll be trying it tomorrow. I'm wii-challenged so this could be interesting, but I'm sure the 4 year-old grandson will teach me how to do it! I weigh myself again tomorrow and I'm worried that Jackie is going to beat me again. Jackie, go eat a donut. I'm sending you a box of chocolates for Valentine's too. :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed