Thursday, January 14, 2010

DAY FOURTEEN- January 14, 2010

Today I really reflected on how different (and blessed) my life has been because of coaching. The kids I've coached over the years have enriched my life so much. So many kids I've taught have made me more patient and have filled my life with endless memories. I simply don't say thank you enough for all these things in my life. I'm adding that to my mental list: wake up and say "thank you" for another beautiful day. On days I'm feeling sore or missing my donuts, I need to remember this even more!
Today I decided to start my day with exercise and I tailored it to something that I like to do. I went to the gym and not a soul was there yet. For 20 minutes I simply shot the ball, rebounding it and switching positions. I didn't allow myself to stop my feet except to shoot. I didn't speed around all crazy, but I kept my feet going the entire time. Shoot, rebound, dribble out (or put-back), and do it again. This might not sound like much, but you try it for 20 minutes and I guarantee you'll break a sweat. Plus, you get to shoot the ball! After that, I went for the 1/2c of yogurt w/granola for breakfast. Lunch was rabbit food and some baked chips-- no meat again. I saved it for dinner (w/my sweetie) at Applebees. They have a section of their menu now that under 500 calories. I had steamed broccoli, steamed red potatoes (very small amount) and a small steak. I couldn't eat but half. It was SO good. The best part was sharing it with my husband though. :) The husband who assures me every five minutes that I don't need to diet! Good try. It's not just about losing weight, it's about learning to eat healthier.
Okay, so I weighed myself and I've only lost 4 pounds total! The good news is, I can feel a big difference in my muscles and I've noticed how much better my posture is since I started doing the Pilates and Yoga. Anne has promised me chocolate tomorrow, and even though I've only lost 4 pounds... I SO deserve it. I'm doing the positive talk to myself that Erica taught me. See... I am learning! :0

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed