Tuesday, January 26, 2010

DAY TWENTY SIX- January 26, 2010

My baby turned 29 today. I was watching him sitting there next to me, helping me coach on his birthday and my heart was touched. I love my children. They are the most important and biggest accomplishment I have ever and will ever achieve.... There is just nothing-- no career, no material success, no trophy, no recognition that will ever come close to the joy of being a mother.

So I started out a little slow today. I let myself sleep in until 6am and felt like I was running behind all day. I'm not going to do that again. I like it better when I don't have to rush. I had my "processed" instant oatmeal for breakfast and I've started eating it without the milk. I just sprinkle a little cinnamon on it. It might sound gross, but I like it. I didn't have time for toast. I miss my toast.... I did remember to grab a Healthy Choice meal and I decided to eat slowly and stop eating when I felt full. Guess what... I ate about half the meal (it was a bigger one). It was only 320 calories to start with so I ended up eating 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with some pineapple in it an hour later. I'm telling you, keep the cottage cheese in the fridge. Unless you hate it (and some people do), it's very filling.

At the game they were selling tacos that they were making right there. I asked them if they could fry my corn shell on the end of the grill without oil. They even wiped that part of the grill off. I just added tomatoes and salsa to the meat and a little bit of cheese. I was pretty proud when I walked back to the stands to eat. I mean they wiped the oil off the grill and everything. Kali spotted my plate and I was grounded from the shells. I even told her they weren't cooked in oil. She wouldn't budge. Her poor (far in the future) children are never going to know the joy of donuts! I will sneak them some. :) I did enjoy the meat, cheese and tomatoes though. It was better than a hotdog or something equally nutritious. I was feeling quite disciplined for not eating the shells and guess what they did at half time of the game?! They auctioned off cupcakes, brownies, cookies, pies, cakes, and did I mention brownies!? It was a fundraiser. You have to be charitable. I felt safe as Kali headed to the locker room (1/2 time of her game) and I could almost taste the brownie or pie. It was for a good cause. Suddenly, the same children who told me the shells were just fine and I should have eaten them, were now turning against me. No! You can buy those! Each item disappeared and each time I thought about raising my hand, they lectured me. I will remember them.... and the brownies that could have been.
In retaliation for not allowing me one small brownie, I am not exercising tonight. Okay, that and I'm just tired. I will do my crunches in bed that I've been doing every night and do the Pilates in the morning before I shower. Oh, and one last thing... I have been drinking decaf tea, but I never drink it "hot" as listed, I drink it "warm" as I heard this is better for you. Tonight Kali and I had this discussion tea: bad/good (even if decaf). I am posting a link to an interesting article about the very subject. If you drink any warm drink it should not hit 70 degrees or above. This includes hot chocolate, hot lemonade (which I make homemade for my sore throats a few times a year), and hot cider. It's the temperature that causes the damage. Here is the link: http://www.amazing-green-tea.com/hot-tea-and-cancer.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed