Sunday, January 17, 2010

DAY SEVENTEEN- January 17, 2010

Sundays always seem to cause me to reflect. Maybe because that's the only day I slow down. I don't know how people who go-go-go on Sundays ever have time to contemplate things or reflect on their life. Not sure that's healthy-- no reflection.
At any rate, here's my thought for the day:
People say you can never go back home. That is so far from the truth. Every time I smell a dairy farm I am home, back at Melba, in the old barn with my orange pineapple cup and steaming hot milk. I know some of you are gagging. Wait, that means someone would be reading this. Okay, IF more than myself were reading this, someone would be gagging, but for me it's a very special memory. I didn't think so at the time, but it is. Every time I see someone building an ice fort, I remember the igloo that Ralf taught me to make when we lived in Alaska. We were in the 3rd grade and in my mind, I go back home to Alaska. Ralf died last year.
Every time I hear the wind just gently blowing through the trees and it's all quiet except for that, I go back home to the farm again and sleeping under the tree on an old mattress. Every time I see fireflies, I think, "That's nothing. You should see the ones in Texas." And I go back home to when I lived in the barracks in Texas. So many things take us home. A smell, a sight, a moment. It's great that we can go back home.
I also discovered another low-calorie approach to breakfast: wake up late and have just enough time to take a shower, get dressed, and rush out the door to church. Total calories- 0. It's a good thing. Grandma went on another grocery shopping trip and came back with coconut cream pie because she knows my husband (her grandson) likes it. Nevermind that I had already planned the 100 calorie angelfood and blackberries for dessert. AND she got out a pan to start baking a Texas chocolate cake. I headed her off and she conceded, but then I turned around and she's putting a ham in the oven. I stuck the pork chops back in the freezer. I did stick to my menu pretty well other than the ham instead of pork chops. I didn't even sample the pie. Between grandma and the husband I've probably already gained back the measly 4 lbs. I've lost! I still love them though.
Raundee's the boss tomorrow. I don't have work tomorrow, but I do have a game, so I'll have to plan wisely. May the force be with me... and you. (dated myself and good with it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed