Saturday, January 16, 2010

DAY SIXTEEN- January 16, 2010

It was so warm today I almost started thinking about spring. It still wasn't warm enough to run 2 miles though (Shannon):0. I didn't get a chance to try Anne's Gyrokinesis last night, so I tried that instead today. http://www.prevention.com/health/news-voices/videos?videoID=1e8cd12d7cc25210VgnVCM10000030281eac
I never thought sitting in a chair and crossing your left leg up onto your right thigh (with right foot flat on the ground and no leaning back) was that big of a deal. Man I felt unflexible! It was a great way just to stretch while sitting in a chair the whole time. I don't think I lost any calories over it and you have to do the whole series to feel like you've got the whole impact, but it would be a great way to strengthen your back and to stretch muscles just sitting there (like on a lunch break or something. If you want to lose calories or break a sweat, you'll have to look for Jillian or get out and move! This one's more about stretching.
Even though it was Saturday, and even though my husband does things like order pizza for everyone for lunch and eat chocolate pie for breakfast... I was strong. I stuck to my oatmeal w/fresh fruit as Shannon directed and had a lovely sandwich for lunch. I even treated myself to a few potato chips (no trans fats) for my afternoon carbs. We spent the afternoon visiting our children and grandchildren so that was relaxing. We learned how to play liar's dice and I don't know if it's good or bad (in this case) that I wasn't a very good liar. Each player has 5 dice. It was a great mind/math game and if you'd like to know more... just ask me. It was really fun.
Baby Jilly and Baby Maddy are both just adorable. The other grandkids are too of course, but the babies still just let you sit and hold them-- which is what Grandma Shorty did (we took her along).
When we got home in the evening I fixed my spinach salad and really didn't feel like eating a big heavy meal. I also wanted to have room for dessert because I wanted to have my husband try the sugar free angel food cake w/berries and lite cool-whip from Paul's. I could tell he was skeptical (this is the man who eats pie for breakfast) but he ate it and said he really liked it. He couldn't believe it tasted just like angelfood cake.... and I thought I was a sugarholic. I'm going to have to buy my own Jillian video. So far, it's been my best workout. That and shooting around for 20 minutes without stopping my feet. I need to do those types of cardio workouts 3X a week with 1 day of Yoga, 1 day of Pilates, and 1 day of natural exercise (like walking, biking, swimming, or hiking, etc.). I've almost got this figured out and I'm not even at the end of my first month! Raundee is Monday's coach and she has some great advice that I think is very unique and will help any type of eater/exerciser. Stay tuned.... and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed