Wednesday, January 6, 2010

DAY SIX- January 6, 2010

Well, I'm back to food issues again. Come on people-- I need meat! And not just fish and chicken. Can I please have red meat? :) Please. I do have to say that Kali's snack of Salsa and some baked crackers she got at Sam's club was a treat today. And, I liked cooking my own meal, but I got home right before 8 so I just microwaved my salmon and veggies real quick. Didn't have time to fry a steak or anything. Wait, I just looked at Erica's menu for tomorrow and I see that I get a baked potato AND cottage cheese. Bless you child. I now have the mental strength to put on the Jillian exercise video Kali blessed me with for today. I'll be right back... and if I'm not, you'll know I did not survive the video.
It's actually the next morning as I finish this. Obviously I didn't die from it, but I am definitely rediscovering my muscles. One thing I have to emphasize-- especially for us "older" people-- is that we have to always stretch before and after. You should also push yourself, but even that is at your pace as you "rediscover" your body, your limits, and old injuries. I always want to just jump in and go as hard as I can like it's a competition. I'm competitve. But, I have to pace myself. My right hip and neck are my reminders. I have been doing a pretty good job of pacing. I would also say that it's not a bad idea to do this in front of a mirror if you're bedroom exerciser like myself. Now if you're all buff and energetic then you can take that your buffness out in public at an exercise facility or move it to a class with other people, or whatever you want... but I'm still at the "bedroom with the door closed level". I'll let you know when I move up and when I weigh myself again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed