Sunday, January 31, 2010

DAY THIRTY- January 30, 2010

I had the spinach and eggs again this morning. I know it's not good to eat so many eggs though so I need to go back to oatmeal or have cereal tomorrow. I sent the husband to get the romaine lettuce at our small town grocery store so I could make my lettuce wrap sandwich (clever not to use bread), but he came back empty-handed. Apparently I have to go to the big city for fancy lettuce! No time for that because I had to head to my game, so ended up eating at Subway again after the game. This time the girls had to covet my cheetah bag from the kids meal. It's sitting next to my turtle bag. I gave the "fruit punch" box it came with to one of my players because those little boxes 1) don't have enough to quench your thirst anyway and 2) they were 100 calories. I just had a few sips of the husband's cranberry juice instead. For dinner we went out and I ordered a hamburger then took it off the bun. They also had fries that were supposedly baked and they kind of tasted like it, but I was missing my vegetables.

Tomorrow I'm going to a new church by my new house that I just signed a rental contract on until we can sell our house(s) and buy one wherever we land. I'm excited to have my daughter and her family come live with me. It's a big house so little Rello will have lots of space to run. Most of all it'll be nice to be within walking distance of my work. It'll be a new chapter in my life. More people to meet and learn from and more adventures to take part in. Life is the greatest adventure. It's exciting, mysterious, and so rewarding. I think of all the places we've been and all the people who have touched our lives along the way and I know that we have been so blessed because of it. Each person is a lesson in my life. Some are lessons of patience and/or tolerance, others are just reminders of why we're here.

I love being in love with my high school sweetheart.... still and I love that he let's me be me. Now that's a problem sometimes when I'm trying to lose weight (if I want chocolate or donuts he'd just go get it for me), but most of the time, it's a good thing. Speaking of chocolate. My husband is always drinking his pint of chocolate milk when we're on the road and yesterday I pointed out that he's looking at downing 800 calories for his indulgence. Just to keep it in perspective for him I told him 8 double-stuff oreos would be fewer calories! He put the milk back..... progress... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed