Monday, January 25, 2010

DAY TWENTY FIVE- January 25, 2010

I tried to psyche myslef out today and think "Mondays are awesome!" No really, I decided just to try it and see if it'd help. It did. They weren't awesome, but I didn't allow myself to think or say "ugh, it's Monday" one time today and the day went pretty quickly. I also decided to get to work even earlier so I could have some chill time before I actually started working and it really helped me. I organized things and didn't feel rushed or tired.
I'm really starting to sort through all this healthy food stuff and dieting, and exercising and I can start to see what does and doesn't work for me in a realistic way. I am also seeing that we can get way too set in our eating habits and simply not wander outside of our "food comfort" zone to try new things. We're lazy. I am actually developing different tastes. For example, things I haven't eaten in quite a while and try tend to taste too salty now, or too heavy in my stomach. Some things are just way too sweet too. I'm not going to go all crazy and never have sugar or salt or processed food again (call me normal), but I have certainly found a lot of replacements for it that are WAY less calories and seriously taste just as good.

Grandma went all healthy on me tonight and fried (with Pam) some stir-fry veggies she got from Cost-co. The brand is Kirkland signature and it was a very unusual blend. It had the minicorns, portabella mushrooms, carrot shreds, sugar snaps, broccoli, red peppers, scallions or something, and these little green round bean things. The texture and taste was really different and filling. I cut up some chicken breast strips and fried in it and that's all we had. It was really good. I wanted to do the chicken and veggies like Jac suggested, but I was not going for the cream of chicken soup when I saw the calories and sodium. Sorry. I still need to find some healthy crock pot meals.

The Healthy Choice meals are good and fillng for me. Just don't eat the dessert. Not that good and it contains a lot of the calories. Without the dessert, you're under 300 on a lot of those (that have dessert). I ate an orange and banana as my snacks today. Water is my best friend. I didn't forget my waterbottle either.

Okay, so the exercise plan today had to be modified for us old people. I only did 10 leg lunges (total not each) the first time through and could do all the rest of the stuff, then realized .... I HAD TO DO IT THREE TIMES! So for us older people with popping knees and sagging parts... Just do 10 total on the leg lunges and be sure you don't extend your knees past your toes. Always sink your hips and "sit in your chair" when lunging or squatting. I put my arms both out in front of me when I squat (20) then rest them on my thigh each time I stand up. We'll call it old people squats. 10 pushups each time (not 15) and do girl ones if your arms can't do it. I did the flutter kicks (20) laying on my bed and the Russian Twists (20). It was easy on my back this way. I would recommend doing something else between lunges and squats (maybe some gentle tai chai arm movements) and don't forget to stretch before and after. I liked everything but the lunges. My knees just don't do well with those anymore. Tomorrow is Mandy and Pilates, so I'll get my stretching then. Hopefully if you're reading this you're starting to figure out what works for you too. I had no idea I had so many options. I've also noticed that I pay attention to my posture a lot more and just pulling my belly button back to my back when I sit up makes a huge difference. Now if I could just figure out how to get my "love handles" to suck to the back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed