Monday, January 4, 2010

DAY FOUR- January 4, 2010

The food thing is not really bothering me anymore. My biggest fear all day has been coming home and trying to do Yoga for the first time. Big surprise...... I Loved It! Even old people can do this without hurting. I can also see how beneficial all the stretching is. Plus, it's low impact. If I can do it, anyone can do it. I need to get an exercise mat though because I just did it on the carpet and it was a little hard on the knees-- not bad though. I didn't need a video either. I just googled it and instantly found it on u-tube. My computer screen is big enough I just faced it toward me and followed along. The music with it makes you focus too. Here is the link I used. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7drLSbrHft0 I'd do it twice. I had to just to get the moves right! :) I also looked at the morning video on there and I think I'll try it. So if anyone else who's never done Yoga before, gives it a try, let me know what you think.
Speaking of that. I guess I hit the "don't allow comments" button (my daughter informed me and corrected it) when I posted my last two blogs. So.... quit sending me emails, I know you couldn't post a comment, and yes I'm a blogtard right now and it was my fault. It's all fixed now though so comment away.
The first day back from break was a killer as usual. Didn't have time to think about the last of grandma's pie or anything. After late practice (bball) I made sure I got home and ate before the no-no hour (8pm) and watched the Boise State game until half time. Which reminds me, I need to get back.
Okay...BRONCOS WON! :) :) I didn't want to end my post without thanking everyone for all these new ideas about health, eating, exercise, stress, and finding balance. Today's coach, Raundee took her menu concepts from the Chinese. Here's a quote from what she told me: "I'm basing the menu off of Chinese wisdom. They believe that the day goes through a cycle and that our bodies use specific things best at specific times of day." This goes right in hand with what Janet (tomorrow's coach) is saying about her menu and the importance of WHEN we eat. Finally, I received an email from another friend, Cindy, who is all about balance and the formulas associated with it. She will be on another day, but they're all saying the same thing. I am being well-coached. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I will have to burn you a copy of my yoga DVDS now that you can do it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something we talked about in my Home and Family Management class is when you lose something you want to find it-that is just our mentality. So don't think of it as losing weight either, but just getting rid of it to be in shape (even though you already are). I thought it was a good point and it has helped me!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed