Monday, January 11, 2010

DAY 11- January 11, 2010

I like to come up with my own quotes. Here's an obvious one that I'm sure someone else has thought of before: The problem with people who think they know it all-- is that they think they know it all. Hmmmm. Unfortunately, those people don't see it is "their" problem. Go figure.
So I've decided to put a little info about the coaches (without using last names)just to give everyone an idea of what I'd dealing with here. I'll start with today's coach-- Whit T/G-- Former State Player of the Year and went on to play for CSI. She is not only beautiful on the outside, she is equally beautiful on the inside. Now that is the true accomplishment! I just posted a link she sent me, but she gave me a breakdown of the reps. I see now that I've watched the link, that I should have posted her detailed list. However, you could just repeat what he was doing. I thought the karate type kick over the end of the bed was interesting. I just used my computer chair. Whenever I got lost, I threw in a Jillian move to keep moving. I can't do the knee tucks to the chest. At my age the chest is already at the knees! (excuse the old lady remark young ones). I also stretched first and threw in some of the yoga stretches after. I am starting to see what type of program would be best for me at my age and with my former injuries. We all have to do that. Everything is getting easier. Jackie, you should just do the Yoga until your back is cleared. I hope you didn't try tonight's workout. You can always go walking. It's cheap, easy, and easy on your body. Plus, it works. Not as fast as these other things, but it works.
I also had a breakthrough with Grandma Shorty. She asked what healthy food "we" needed to eat tonight. She put away the hotdogs and Twinkies. I told her what was on the menu and she informed me that plain spaghetti would be a lot healthier and a lot easier. I looked it up and she was right (calorie-wise), so I humored her and didn't have the heart to tell her I was REALLY looking forward to Whit's recipe. At least I got my red meat and she is trying to behave herself. Then when the news came on she whipped out that bag of chocolates. She informed me that she'd been reading and read that dark chocolate was good for you. It was one of those Russell Stover thin squares. I melted (yes, I just did a Greg joke). I ate one. She said she isn't eating that sugar-free jell-o stuff. I, on the other hand, will save it and eat it when Whit's the coach. Maybe I'll even get her to try it as long as we're out of Twinkies and chocolate! :) Oh, and Kali, I survived. Of course we'll see how I feel in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed