Sunday, January 10, 2010

DAY TEN- January 10, 2010

Well it's working. I'm starting to develop some actual habits. It's good to have a day where I have to coach myself and demonstrate self discipline (or lack thereof)! You start asking yourself, "Do I really need two pieces of toast?" Variety is a good thing too. Mix up the grains, fruits, dairy products, meat, etc. We get into these habits where we eat the same thing all the time. I grab a piece of toast, or bowl of cereal, or nothing at all as I run out the door. I'm not in charge of me at all. I'm letting my schedule control me instead of controlling my schedule. See... I am learning. I know my family thinks I'm a workoholic and slave driver, so maybe I'll even learn to lighten up.... like Jillian from my workout. :) :)
Kali asked me which level I did last week. I said the first one and I saw that "are you kidding me" look in her eyes. I can't wait till she's 47... I know some of you are nodding about that comment. So speaking of the Jillian workout. If you don't have the video I'll break it down more specifically. She uses windmills (remember those from high school in the 70's), and a few other old school stretches to warm up. Then she uses very basic exercise that anyone can do at home. Jumping Jacks, push-ups, grab the cans of soup and do up and down squats while bench pressing the cans, then imaginary jump rope, crunches, bicycles, boxing while squatting, buttkicks, pelvic lifts, and stretching for warming down. She keeps the cardio alternating (buttkicks and jumping jacks may not seem like much, but they are) between the strength and ab part. She never stops. I like it because it's simple and balanced, but it definitely hits all the areas and makes you sweat. Valentine's Day is just around the corner. Love yourself and buy it. There are two harder levels for my younger bloggers or those who are simply in better shape than I am.
Grandma Shorty went for a Sunday outing with Mitch and Carolyn and I'm sure they will never forget the image of me attempting this level one with my cans of soup and my spongebob pj bottoms when they surprised me by coming home earlier than I thought they would. This is why I keep it in the bedroom. Jillian was just so real on the big screen... After they left Grandma was looking through her newest late Christmas presents (she wasn't home for Christmas) and discovered a package of chocolates. "Let's eat some!" she said. For the record, I didn't but I think Grandma would even offer one to Jillian. When I recited the Twinkie story to Carolyn during their stay, Grandma nodded proudly and said, "Yep, I've eaten three."
Heaven help me. (It's Sunday so I can say that). Oh, and I took a nap today. It's a great relaxation tip and zero calories. :)

1 comment:

  1. great.... Jillian kicked my butt on level one, so I can hardly wait. I have one stack of finals left to grade then I'll try it. I still can't wait till your 47. :) :)

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed