Friday, January 8, 2010

DAY EIGHT- January 8, 2010

I love Fridays! Anne made them even better by allowing me "dessert" and it wasn't even like a piece of fruit-- it was "anything"! I was sitting at a basketball game next to one of my fellow teachers (who knows I'm doing this healthy eating thing) and I was sharing that I would get to eat a sweet tonight, but that I had to chew it 20 times. She looked at me like...what?! Then she proceeded to try chewing her gum 20 times. "Nope, couldn't do it," she said. "Maybe 15, but 10 would be better." I thought about making a beeline to the concession stand for a Reeses, but I just couldn't do it. All my girls know I'm doing this and so do a lot of our staff members. It's silly, but I kept thinking that I'd be letting people down if they saw me eating a Reeses even though it was totally legal.

So, I headed home and I thought I'd eat a piece of banana bread or something, but I open the fridge and Grandma Shorty had gone downtown and there sat a box of twinkies in the fridge! Who puts Twinkies in the fridge!? The red ones I love no less! "Grandma," I asked, "where did these twinkies come from?" She shrugged liked a guilty 5-year-old and said, "I couldn't help it. I went to the store and they were at the end of the aisle on sale." There were just a few pieces of homemade fudge left and I kept debating... twinkie-- fudge. I looked at the Twinkie package.. 320 calories for two (they're small)!!! I announced it to Grandma. She looked defeated. "Sorry". Then she added, "Just eat one then." This is the kind of help I'm getting people! I ate the smallest piece of fudge on the plate. It really was small and sorry Anne, but I did about 5 chews and it dissolved. Just thinking about taking me time and eating it did help though, so it's a great point. And I really didn't need another bite.... especially since Jackie's ahead of me on the pound lossage (yes, I made up another word), but I'm glad she's doing this with me. Of course I think she's crazy thinking I can do half the deck tomorrow, but she is a pound ahead of me, so I better listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed