Friday, January 29, 2010

DAY TWENTY NINE- January 29, 2010

Well we definitely don't need three houses, so I'm moving into a rental until one of the other two sell. I'll be just two blocks from work! Woohoo! I haven't lived in a rental since 10 years ago when we lived in a little (I use the word very literally)apartment with our two youngest who were still in high school. We lived there long enough to buy a house and get moved, but needed somewhere to stay in transition (kind of like now). Big difference though.... that entire apartment was the same size as the living/dining room in the house we're moving in to now. In the other apartment's kitchen you had a stove, A counter, and a fridge... no sitting down. In the bathroom, if you opened the door when someone was sitting on the toilet... you hit them (which happened unfortunately)! Mandy and Jas had to share a bedroom (bunk beds) so it was princess slobbette v. control freak perfectionist and it was not pretty. That is all I will say. So.... this rental is huge and I am excited to have the grandkids over.

I found my new favorite breakfast food (when I have time to cook). The one egg spinach omelet. You can add another egg white if you want it bigger, but one egg was plenty. I used Pam spray (my new best friend) and broke the egg in the skillet then broke the yoke. When it started cooking a little I messed it up and threw in a handful of raw spinach. I messed that around a couple of minutes (Kali said you can add onions and green peppers too but I didn't have time), instead of ham cubed I just tore the fat off of a strip of bacon and chopped up the remaining good meat off the strip and sprinkled it end there and stirred again, then I added a little low-fat cheese and it took a few seconds to melt and I slid it onto my plate. It was SO good. I've never had spinach in an omelet before. Okay, it was more like scrambled egges, but I was in a hurry. Still it was really good and filling. Try it.

I was grumpy today without my snack between breakfast and lunch. I eat breakfast at 6am, so by 10 am, I am ready for a piece of fruit or a few raw nuts. But, I obeyed. They had a potato bar at the game and same great veggie type salads. I confess I ate a brownie (sorry Kali) and I promise to work it off tomorrow. The hubby had an Icee and made me take a sip (just so I could remember).

Had a game tonight. Feel like a trucker who's been on the road a lot with all these games. It doesn't do a lot to promote exercising and you constantly think, "Oh, I better grab something to eat." I wonder how truckers fit exercise in. I don't really want them exercising while they're driving, but when do they exercise? Why do I think of these things? I'm tired. I need to go to bed. Tournaments start tomorrow.

I am headed to do crunches right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed