Saturday, January 23, 2010

DAY TWENTY THREE- January 23, 2010

Little Rello slept on my head again last night (and he talks in his sleep) so I consider that some type of a "grandma workout" because I'm sure it burned calories as many times as I got up and scooted him back up onto the pillow or removed him from my head. He's so cute though that when he woke up with his little face grinning at me, it was all worth it.
So Kali, I don't see your comments on here?? She lectured me tonight about eating processed instant oatmeal (one of my favorite morning meals). I couldn't find cheerios and the thought of loading the small child, strapping him into the carseat, packing his 3 mo. survival kit, all just to go get a box of cheerios.... was too much. So I ate my oatmeal. What can I say? Kali said I had to go get the real oats. Why? I love the instant oatmeal.
We had some unexpected sad news this morning about one of my son-in-law's relatives and it kind of put us all in a spin and saddened our day. Amidst it all, I wasn't so good with sticking to the menu (that and chasing a two-year-old around). I was on the road a lot. I remembered that it was something to do with chicken and salad somewhere on the menu. I had to meet Rello's mommy and daddy in another town so we met at Artic Circle. He loves the courtesy cones (so do I!) so he started saying "ice cream" as soon as I pulled in. Okay, so we take the grandkids on ice cream runs in the summer (I blame grandpa). I thought, "Okay, I can do this." I asked her if she had anything that wasn't deep fat fried and wasn't a salad. She thought for several minutes then I heard someone in the background tell her the answer. They had a grilled chicken sandwich with no breading (I hate breading). Then I asked what kind of lettuce they have (not a fan of iceberg as mentioned before). I ended up with a grilled chicken sandwich with tomatoes on it and little else, but it tasted good. It was really heavy in my stomach though (like the ham sandwich last week), so I think I'll ask them to cut it in half next time or just lose the bun because I didn't like the bun and threw most of it away. That was at lunch time and I didn't have anything with it.

Had an away game again and with all the "stuff" going on today, forgot to pack my lunch. I forgot several things today just thinking about the sad stuff going on in other people's lives today-- a lot of tragedy. My heart goes out to them. It was good being around my players. They always touch my heart and make me smile-- both the past players and the current ones. Subway happened to be right by the gym, so I was saved. I ordered the 4" in the kids meal (no cheese) and had the apple slices. It came with a really cute cloth turtle carry bag and toy and the players were coveting my bag and toy all the way back to the gym. I also told them I was going to count the walk to subway as part of my exercise. Okay, so I also did some of Whit's workout (most of it) after I got home, but I couldn't figure out the swivel change squat. I also felt it might have injured me even if I had figured it out... so yeah... I skipped that one.
A food lesson today though that I think is important to share with everyone. Don't leave home without your water bottle. I found myself accepting a gatorade because my throat got really dry during the game, and I drank 1% milk with my kids meal but it was more than 8oz. Together they were 210 calories. Think about everything you drink in a day and add up the calories. You might be surprised. That's probably the easiest place to cut calories and the quickest way to let them add up without realizing it. Lesson learned: Don't forget the water bottle, or go buy one if you do. I am SO glad tomorrow is Sunday (day of rest). It has been a long and emotionally draining week. I'm taking a nap tomorrow and I'm eating some of Grandma Shorty's huckleberry/peach cobbler tomorrow. I might have to do more jumping jacks, but I'm eating a piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed