Sunday, January 24, 2010

DAY TWENTY FOUR- January 24, 2010

Decided to blog early today so I can get to bed at a decent hour. I slept in again (which is funny since I get up at 5:30 every morning during the week). I guess I just know it's Sunday and I can. I needed to sleep. At the end of the season, I always started dragging a little. I decided I needed to fill up my spiritual cup more than normal today so I attended my church and my boys' church today. I did get some answers for some things I've been pondering, so I'm glad I did it. I also keep thinking how quickly our life can change over night with a sudden tragedy.

So any little problems I'm facing now... they're just not that big of a deal. If I had a list to choose from, they'd probably be on the "easy" list compared to what others are facing.

Since I rolled out late I ate Sunday breakfast on the run again (toast and hot chocolate- 220 calories). I read somewhere that your digestive system doesn't start working until we give it some food in the morning though, so it's important that we don't skip breakfast even if it's just a banana or a piece of whole wheat toast. I've had very few stomach problems since I started watching the type of food I've been eating. After church I had a small portion of steak and Grandma made some great stir fry vegetables. I added a small side salad (spinach and tomatoes with zesty Italian) and that was it. I had a very small piece of cobbler, but found myself picking out the fruit and leaving the cake part. I seem to crave the fruit and huckleberries are yummy! I think I'll make the smoothie later and it'll be my dinner because we just don't eat much Sunday evenings since we tend to have a big lunch after church. There's always celery sticks or herbal tea if I get too hungry.

It's a beautiful day out. The sun is shining. My grandkids and kids are all healthy and okay. I am married to the love of my life and I am making healthier eating choices. I still have some things to work on to take better care of myself, and there will be some stress challenges this week, but my spiritual cup is full again and I think I can handle it.... not alone... but that's the point... I'm not. :)
Tomorrow's coach is .... JAC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed