Saturday, January 9, 2010

DAY NINE- January 9, 2010

Today was a day of modifications. I had a team breakfast to attend this morning and I was really hoping they had toast and eggs. They did have toast, but it was french toast. They didn't have eggs. They had OJ and they had super fantastic bacon!! I will just say right here that I am learning to pace myself, so the fact that I ate one piece of bacon might sound bad, but I ate ONE piece of bacon. See my point. And the french toast had the toast and egg, so other than the little bit of syrup, I wasn't too far off on that. I knew I'd work it off at the game and I promised myself I would eat healthy at lunch and supper and I did.
For lunch I wanted to eat a salad and I wanted to come up with something based on ingredients everyone's been throwing at me all week, so I came up with one. My favorite salad at Applebees is a spinach salad with shrimp, almonds, and raspberry vinegarette. Yum! So, I thought I'd try to make one like it. Problem was, I didn't have shrimp, almonds, or raspberry vinegarette. I had the Dole spinach in the bag so I started with that (2 cups). I cut up 4 baby carrots. I sprinkled on 1/3 cup of craisins because I love them. Then I cut up 1/2 an apple (peeled) and 1/2 tomato and threw those in with it. Next, I thought I'd try to duplicate the raspberry vinegarette so I took 2 tbsp of Zesty Italian and mixed it with 1 tbsp of raspberry jam. Yep! Jam! It was one of the best salads I've ever had. I love sweet and sour so if you like that and like a little crunch, I think you would like this. It made plenty of salad for one person too. That was my whole lunch. It was 320 calories which included the yummy dressing. I'm adding the calorieking.com link to my blog because I use it all the time to see how many calories something is.
Then I packed my lunch for the game. I made a tunafish sandwich on whole wheat and threw in a cheese stick, small orange, and a bottle of water. I ate between games and didn't even glance at the concession stand. More importantly, I wasn't hungry. So I didn't stick exactly to the menu today, but I modified to the events of my day and ate a lot healthier than I normally would have a few weeks ago on a similar day. Oh and rocking baby Maddy was a great relaxation thing. :)
One final thought-- I talk to my team about synergy a lot (they call it "flow") and it's when everything just clicks and the team just flows in harmony. Even at a fast pace they just transition smoothly-- they flow. I had the thought driving home from the game tonight that our lives are like that. When we balance them and eat healthy, get enough sleep, live honestly, and exercise, we feel the synergy in our life. We flow. Of course our relationship with a higher power makes that synergy in life even better, but we feel awesome when we "flow" with life instead of fighting it so much.
Okay, have to end on a funny. Jackie is always posting funny things on her facebook. The other day it said "Jackie is.... training her pet rock." Made you smile, didn't it.

1 comment:

  1. Yes it made me smile when I thought sit booboo sit.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed