Tuesday, February 2, 2010

DAY THIRTY TWO- February 1, 2010

I apologize for the delay. It was a late night. Won the championship, but it was tough. What an awesome group of young ladies and parents. I will miss them. I also slept in the rental for the first night, but you know how it is... boxes, bare walls, new sounds, and exhaustion... especially after an exhausting game and already feeling effects of the flu. Okay, so those are my excuses.

I made the yogurt with granola and berries yesterday. Shared with Kali since she always shares with me. I'll also give you her mom's peanut butter recipe tonight and some other tips she shared with me yesterday. I had one of those Healthy Choice micro-sandwiches and it gets nice and crunchy with chicken and spinach on it for lunch. It was really good. I didn't have much time to eat, so that was it. But... those lovely basketball parents I told you about... they brought me treats and I did partake. I had a Reeses Fastbreak. I ate a hamburger right before the game and nothing else so it wasn't a real healthy eating day, but portion control was there and it could have been worse. I'll do better once I get moved in and unpacked.

Did I mention I love coaching and teaching. It's just warped when you worry about your students when you're home sick. I'm sure they'll be fine till tomorrow. I need to rest. It was a good day despite the challenges and possibly more rewarding because of them.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the link. I just checked it out and it's fine. I have been using plyometrics and box jumps with my athletes for years and agree that it is one of the most effective ways to improve the vertical. As important as improving the vertical-- especially in female athletes-- is strengthening the core. Plyometrics help with that as well, but for us older people, there are other ways to work on the core that are a lot gentler on us. :) Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed