Saturday, February 13, 2010

DAY FORTY FOUR- February 13, 2010

It was a PJ Day. I wish I could say it was restful, but from now on... 1/2 day is enough. I was bored and here I am up at midnight because I feel like I didn't do anything. I cooked breakfast-- Mandy said I put too much spinach in the eggs (she ate them though) and I bought grapefruit yesterday so I could half 1/2 grapefruit w/my eggs and toast today. I had forgotten that you should never drink milk when you eat grapefruit. Sick!

Played with Rello and gave him a bath. Then they headed to town and that's when I became restless. I loaded the dishwasher and was going to start on the pans... No! I made myself go to my room and check my e-mail. I thought about laying down, but I actually slept in till 8am and I just wasn't tired. I got on the computer and watched part of a play-in game for state. Then I watched game film on a team and took notes.... for three hours. I stopped half way through for lunch. I like pastrami (the cheap lunch meat type that's only 90 calories for the package). I made a sandwich and had some cottage cheese with it and a few chips. Then, back to breaking down film.

I stopped again and did some exercising. Jumping jacks, lunges, squats, crunches, a few tai chi moves, and some other core moves laying down. I didn't watch TV but the computer was just as bad. I made dinner-- baked chicken, brown rice, and grilled asparagus w/red peppers. I baked the chicken in a glass roaster. I'm all about keeping it simple. Put the 8 med. skinless chicken breasts in the pan, sprinkle with your favorite seaoning (Monterey Chicken is good), squirt the french catalina across it (1/2 bottle), then plop scoops of 1/2 jar of apricot jam (makes sure it has real chunks of real apricot in the jam) or even just put real apricots instead. Cover with lid or foil and bake on 325 until chicken is done in the middle. The sauce will be soupy and if you use a slotted spoon to get the chicken out, you won't get the added calories of the sauce other than the little bit that baked in. The chicken tastes great and is moist. I used the minute rice brown rice. It says whole grain on the box. I grilled the red pepper slices and asparagus spears on the little cast iron pan I mentioned before that has the raised grids in the bottom of it. I grilled them then microved them on a plate for 2 minutes and they were just right-- a little firm, but not raw tasting at all, plus a little grill flavor. I sprayed the pan with Pam, but didn't use any oil or butter.

The only snack I had today was a banana. So that's the good news. The other good, but somewhat bad news, is that Mandy brought me back a slice of cheesecake from the Cheesecake factory. Well worth 30 more crunches or even 60. I ate half and saved the other half for tomorrow. I looked it up on calorieking and they even had "cheesecake factory" cheesecake. It was 630 calories per slice. Yikes! But, I only ate half so that's 315. I need to go do my extra crunches and dream of cheesecake. Tomorrow is Sunday, a day of rest.... I should have worked today and rested tomorrow. It's a good thing we have company coming and church in the morning. I can't handle another day in my PJ's!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed