Wednesday, February 17, 2010

DAY FORTY EIGHT- February 17, 2010

So have you been making any healthy changes? Have you given up? If you take two steps back, that doesn't mean you just go back to the couch and your remote and your big gulp. It means you suck it up and work harder. I weighed myself yesterday and I didn't lose any weight this week. I didn't gain, but it's the first week I didn't lose any. I'm still at 157 (10 lbs. lost so far), and I'm a little surprised because painting six hours was a major workout and I drank a lot of water. One of the teachers told me that I may have lost a pound or two and retained some water since I drank so much. I think she was just trying to make me feel better. At any rate, I'm still 10lbs lighter than when I started and I'm doing a lot of positive things, so no worries.

I am sure the Valentine's chocolates I have a little piece of here and there had something to do with it too. The good thing is, I ate it and DIDN'T gain weight. Why? Because I didn't go overboard and I exercised last week. Not a ton, but enough to fit my lifestyle and to maintain my weight. Imagine if I increase my physical activity, like start dancing or biking just once a week. I'm just keeping it real. So, if you are thinking about quitting.... ask yourself why? There's probably an emotional reason behind it. I promise. Get someone to do this with. A buddy or sister, or co-worker. I'm not sure I'd still be as dedicated if I wasn't accountable to someone else.

So I tried fake eggs today. Not a fan. You'd have to put some spinach and cheese or something with them to get me to eat them again. I did try them though. And if I was in a dessert and starving... sure... I'd eat them. If not.. why would I eat them. I suppose I could try baking with them and see if it changes the taste. I just don't think there's enough difference in calories to do it. Had some peaches today. It was a nice change of fruit. Had a tuna sandwich on whole wheat and baked chips. For supper I had a taco w/low fat motz. cheese. I don't fry the shell, I just zap it in the microwave. I'm sure Kali will have lots to say about me eating a tortilla shell, but I worked it off hanging stuff on the walls and shopping. I promise. I also had a slice of that homemade whole wheat bread. Yum! Another substitute I can't handle-- fake butter. Sorry, can't do it. It's like eating grease on your bread. I had celery as my snack today and one dark chocolate square. Yes, that's why I didn't lose this past week, but the bag is almost gone and it was Valentine's.

Best treat of the day though... my husband is home. And tomorrow, we're off to State basketball. I have 12 pairs of socks and the Wooden sock talk printed and ready to go. I need to see if I can find out how many calories a person burns , watching a game, coaching, etc. I'll look that up tomorrow. Good luck to all the young ladies competing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed