Friday, February 19, 2010

DAY FIFTY- January 19, 2010

Day fifty... I dread that word "fifty". It makes me nervous to know it's around the corner. It seems like I was just in high school. I have the same boyfriend. His jokes are the same. He drives a little better than he used to and he can cook now, but most of the time, it seems like it hasn't been that long since we were 17. Maybe love keeps you young. 30 year reunion this summer. Are you kidding me!?

Okay enough about age. Let's talk lemonade. Yesterday we had lemons and today we made lemonade. What do you add to the lemons to make lemonade? Sugar. If you want to make a bad situation "sweet" you have to pour on the positive and look for the good. That was accomplished today. A lot of positive can drown out the negative and it becomes contagious. Just as negativity can breed negativity, being positive can encourage others to do the same. So.... we had lemonade today and it was "sweet" in a "now" kind of way/lingo.

The recipe for tomorrow's success calls for teamwork. Selfless, trusting, hard working, positive, teamwork. This applies to life and families too. Speaking of families... we are going to be having another grandson... that makes four. Four boys and three girls. To make a 5-on-5 team, we need three more players (if any of my children are reading this, please note that we need three more :).

Today was sweet in many other ways too. 1) I got to have ice cream (it was on my menu) and it was so good. I just had a baby cone between games because I felt guilty after my KFC weak moment last night, but it was good, so thank you Shannon. 2) I had a banana for breakfast (naturally sweet) and for lunch 3) my "sweet"heart took me to a Chinese food place that had a buffet to die for. Now a buffet is the ultimate test for anyone on a diet. The trick-- get the small salad plates-- not the larger ones. That way if you have two plates of food (which most people do) then you aren't eating nearly as much. If you're eating more than two plates-- avoid buffets while dieting until you can learn to control yourself. So, I had two small plates. The first plate had yummy steamed zucchini, broccoli, and mushrooms. I even had bean sprouts (Raundee would be proud). I had grilled chicken,and my one no-no.... a cream cheese won-ton. My second plate was fresh fruit: pears, apples, fresh pineapple. 4) One last "sweet" thing about today... I got to see Jac (you should recognize her name) and two other former players. I love those girls.

For dinner, I had a hotdog at the game. Nothing else. When you're at games all day and you have a husband who wants to eat out... it's hard to stay on a strict menu, but I did make healthiER choices than I would have at this time of the year in the past. Tomorrow is the last day of State games and my husband will want to eat out one more time, so I will do my own menu tomorrow and have a coach on Sunday when I usually coach myself. I'm thinking Applebees since they have all those meals under 500 calories. By the way... Apleebees lemonade... 250 calories so if you order the low-cal meal and get a lemonade (or soda) with it.... pointless. Get water.

2 comments:

  1. We have 4 of the team players...it's someone else's turn to add to the team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! :) Tell your brother. :) P.S. Thank you for the 4. :)

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed