Saturday, February 20, 2010

DAY FIFTY ONE- February 20, 2010

If I didn't gain weight these last three days, it will be nothing short of a miracle. When you're up early, gone all day, and home late you tend to eat out way too much. Three days in a row of basketball games and everyone is exhausted and our voices are gone. Today at the pavillion I decided to get some exercise in by walking the levels of steps at half time of each game and in between games. I worked off part of the team brunch they fed us. The huckleberry syrup was just too good to pass up with the real huckleberries in it. I had also forgotten how good grapefruit juice is. Then I had the cinnamon glazed almonds between afternoon games. I did pass on all the free chocolate milk though. Each of those little bitty PLASTIC bottles is 160calories. The husband drank 6 just because they were free and he loves chocolate milk. It's a good thing he refs. He doesn't sit around much either (except to watch state tournament games). I did notice that he didn't order fries with anything this weekend, so I think he might actually be thinking about some of his food choices too. A few more weeks and we can start riding our bikes and the weather will make all of us get outside more and think about eating less. Hooray!

So about the plastic bottles.... why didn't they stick to cartons? Do they realize what they're adding to the landfills? And all because we think the plastic "looks" better. It's not like you save your milk container anyway. I'm writing to the united dairymen and sharing my thoughts on their switch to plastic. Nicely of course.

So despite the probable weight gain over the weekend, there were a lot of positives. Hurdles were cleared and character was strengthened as trials made all of us stronger and appreciative of the blessings we receive through unity, patience, and belief. Speaking of belief, I believe I will have to work a lot harder than I have since I started this if I want to keep the weight off. The blessings of doing that are inward and outward. I suppose that's true of most blessings the more I think about it.

I don't think the stairs worked off near enough of the calories from today, so I'm going to do the Jillian workout and head to bed. I think I'm going to put this as a rule to anyone on a healthy change or healty diet quest: NO BUFFET EATING. So that was the lesson of the week right there. If you must indulge, only do it every so often and use the small salad plate. Don't drink anything but water with your meals when eating out and make sure you plan to exercise that day. Spoken like a true guilty woman!

I love Sundays. A day of rest. Since the husband coached me today (and that didn't go so well) I am going to take control of myself and coach myself tomorrow like I normally do. It's a learning process to apply what you've learned from your other coaches along with what you learn about your eating habits and weaknesses as you try to be in charge of yourself one day a week. It's actually harder than having someone else coach you because you have no excuse for your food choices. Plus, if you do a food journal (it's never too late to start) like I'm doing here (only you don't have to blog it), you are more aware of patterns in your eating and your eating excuses.

No excuses. Get er done. (Did I say that right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed