Monday, February 22, 2010

DAY FIFTY THREE- Dieting Journal

Can't seem to get the frog out of my throat. Had 1/2 cup of yogurt for breakfast because the throat was too sore for anything else. For lunch I had the pasta (chicken noodle soup from the cafeteria- 165 cal.), and one of the ladies made a fruit and veggie tray for a birthday. She sliced the pears up like apple slices and they were green so I thought they were green apples until I bit into one. Very good that way. She also had raw asparagus spears on the fresh veggie tray. Now I realize everyone else has probably already done both of these, but they were a first for me and I really liked both of them. I also had some celery and 1/2 of a whole wheat cinnamon roll. For my daytime snack I had almonds.

My daughter cooked dinner since she was in charge of me today and she stir-fried fresh veggies (zucchini, peppers, broccoli, carrots, and pea pods) and added steak that she had fried and diced up earlier (total calories based on 1 cup= 230 calories). She made the minute rice brown rice (150 calories per 1/2 cup) to go with it and it was really good. We had the left-over homemade peach cake from yesterday (144 calories) for dessert. When I got hungry about 7:00 I had some grapes (35 calories for 10) and a small banana (80).

I need to skip dessert at night. It's not a good thing. I know I'll be hungry for a snack if I eat early dinner (which I do) so I need to cut the dessert or limit it to fresh fruit or something less than 100 calories. 720 Calories for the dinner and snack at nights when added with lunch is pushing the 1200 mark I want to stay at. We don't need dessert with every meal. That's why it's good to keep snacks like celery, raw almonds, and fresh fruit around. Tomorrow night I'm going to cook the chicken spinach lasagna but no dessert with it. If you don't like lasagna with chicken, you can try Korrine's fish recipe instead.

I found two web sites that are great for checking your suggested weight. http://www.weightwatchers.com/health/asm/calc_healthyweight.aspx
http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

It's Monday.... need I say more. Did Yoga tonight... and now I'm going to watch some HGTV to put me to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed