Friday, February 12, 2010

DAY FORTY THREE- February 12, 2010

The Friday before Valentine's. The office was stuffed with balloons, bears, and candy hearts to be delivered. I worked at a school once where they were not allowed. No signs of love allowed. How sad. I for one, loved the flowers my sweetie sent me. And who can deny the smile that lights a kid's face when they get a homemade cookie on a plate-- even if it is from their mom. I had three students who made homemade cards and we had "cupid" deliver them to kids who are quiet, shy, alone, or new to the school. What a great idea for these three girls to come up with. I know we can overdo anything, but I for one, just love a reason to have fun, to express love to others, and to eat....especially chocolate. Yes, I had some today.

It was such a busy day that I just had 1/2 cup of yogurt for breakfast on the run. I had 1/2 baked potato with the black bean chili for lunch. I had some chips and salsa along with 12 almonds for my snack today. Tonight I cooked a broccoli dish, grilled a small steak, and had the other half of my baked potato. However, there were, unfortunately, a few cinnamon rolls left (remember those from yesterday) and I had one for dessert.

The weather's so nice I might take Rello for a walk tomorrow or to the park as my exercise. Tomorrow is relax day. I was going to do a lot in the house, but my middle son said if I'd wait till Monday, he'd help me paint, so I'll clean tomorow and put away more stuff, but mostly relax. We'll see if I can do it.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
God is great,
and so are you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed