Tuesday, February 23, 2010

DAY FIFTY FOUR- Diet Journal

Some days are just normal, good days. Nothing wrong with that. There are those bad days and those awesome days, but the normal days... I like them too. No drama, nothing over the top... just life. I like my students. Even the ones who talk too much. You look at them and you see a future parent with kids and a job and the world at their hands. Nothing spectacular, just normal, wonderful life.

I cooked my egg and put it on my toast this morning as I headed out the door. I threw a whole chicken in the crockpot with some seasoning before I left though. I had my salad for lunch and some pears and celery on the side. For dinner I made the chicken spinach lasagna. I cooked 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles and they take a little longer than the white noodles. While they were cooking I mixed up the McKormick Aflredo sauce packet. Remember, this way saves you about 400 calories from buying the pre-made sauce in the jar. The change I made was that I added 2 cups of skim milk instead of one like it calls for. It's still thick enough, but not too thick after cooking it according to the packet directions. Then, I sprayed the glass cake pan (normal sized) and laid down 3 noodles. Next, I spread a thin layer of low-fat cottage cheese. I went really skimpy on the alfredo sauce as I spread it next. You just need enough with the cottage cheese to add flavor. Then I spread on a layer of fresh spinach leaves followed by chicken (pulled apart out of the crockpot) and low-fat mozzarella.I repeated this two more times then cooked it on 350 for 30 minutes. It's definitely one of my new favorite dinners. It was really good and really easy. You need to let it cool some before cutting into it like any lasagna. My daughter and I both agreed that sliced fresh zucchini would be another good layer. Other than seasoning the chicken when I put it in the crockpot, I didn't add any other seasoning and it didn't need it.

After the boys game I stopped and picked up three of the grandkids to spend the night. They're each hanging on my arm as I type this. One wants me to change it (the computer) to a picture of Bumblebee (transformer) and another one wants me come do a puzzle. The one who was already here (Rello) is running in elated circles as #4 chases him. Oh no.. .they'll go right to bed. That's what their dad said as he smiled and loaded them in my car two hours ago..... very funny. :) Well I'm going to wear them down with the Wiggles workout. They're going to do it with me for my exercise tonight. I'll let you know how it goes... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed