Wednesday, February 3, 2010

DAY THIRTY FOUR- February 3, 2010

I can't believe it snowed today.... big flakes even. I feel like I'm back home. I told my daughter she brought the weather with her. It was good to get back to work today but you always have twice the work to return to. It does take your mind off of being sick though. You don't have time to think about it. I just had a banana for breakfast because my throat is still not so hot. I'm going to do the warm lemonade again tonight, but we were missing lemon juice when we got it all unpacked so the daughter is out getting some as we speak... blog... whatever.

By noon I was feeling better and had some spaghetti, small helping of green salad and green beans. Forgot the water bottle.. not smart. For supper I warmed up the potatoes and carrots and diced up the roast into it (hash). I had that with some more green salad (added the carrots, craisins, apples, and red peppers). Salad just isn't as good when your throat is sore though. Pudding was sounding good, but I had already used up my calories, so "no". I'm thinking oatmeal and cottage cheese, and yogurt (not all together) will all slide down fairly easy tomorrow.

So having a two year old around again is exercise in itself. Now I remember why it was so easy to stay skinny when I had kids at home! But thanks to little Rello I did come up with a new and unique way to get in your 30 minutes of cardio. I really doubt any of you have tried it, but I could be wrong. I'm calling it GRANDMA'S WIGGLES WORKOUT. Rello loves the Wiggles and I love Youtube for exercising. I googled the Wiggles on Youtube and boy did I come up with a workout. Here's what you do (you younger bloggers can try it with a toddler too-- not just us Grandmas). Get your grandchild (or sibling or neighbor's kid or child) and go to Wiggles on Youtube. Do it in this order. 1) Happy and You Know It (use for a warm up). Don't just stand there. Follow the lead of the kid in the blue shirt-- he keeps the knees bouncing. 2)Five Little Ducks (keep moving-- don't stop-- and if you feel uncoordinated as you try to flap your arms and skip at the same time.... join the crowd!). 3) Hot Potato, Hot Potato (I love the twist dance move), 3) Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (Be as graceful as you can and hope that no one is watching. I felt some Yoga moves going on during this one.) 4) Monkey Dance (if you're calves aren't feeling it by now, you're slacking!) 5) Head Shoulders Knees and Toes (march in between when he's talking-- this video is a little bit of a break :) 6) Pirate Ship 7) End with "Wheels on the Bus" and make up your own moves with you and your little buddy. Now don't roll your eyes or make fun of me until you try it!

Not only is it a good little cardio workout, it's a great way to spend time with your kids/grandkids/siblings and to teach them that exercise can be fun. Let me know how it goes. Some of you young ones need to try it (Whit/Kalli) and tell me what you think too. Don't make fun of me... just tell me if it even made your heartrate go up, or if I'm just easily entertained and old. Jaki, I'm sipping my warm lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed