Monday, February 15, 2010

DAY FORTY SIX- February 15, 2010

If you didn't read yesterday's blog-- please read it. I came to some great realizations in my journey to "how/why" I eat what I do and I think it'll help anyone else trying to focus on their eating habits.

Today I woke up and followed my menu-- egg omelet w/spinach and a piece of toast. I had some hot chocolate that was warm--not hot (remember... nothing over 70 degrees-- it's bad for you). So the chocolate I threw in. :) Then I started getting everything taped for painting. We also had to pull down wallpaper borders... UGH! It took longer than taping and painting together. Luckily I watch HGTV and saw where you can fill a spray bottle with warm water to squirt it if it's old and won't come off. Went much faster after that, but still a lot of work. I got my red accent wall done. A painter shared a trick with me on getting the straight lines agains the white ceiling and floorboard trim-- caulking instead of paint. It comes out in a straight line right out of the tip. Works great.

Took a break between coats of paint on the accent wall and had lunch. Had my turkey sandwich on 9 grain bread and had the baked chips with it as directed. Water for drink. After I finished the wall and the rest of the prep work in the the two bedrooms, I had to run to a doctor's appointment. In the waiting room these two gentlemen in their 50's were conversing. They were very open for strangers. One said he was waiting for his wife. He had been a deputy sheriff and had been injured. It took him three years to get disability and his wife had basically been supporting them through it. He was overweight and I wondered if his health had contributed to the accident or was a result of it. Either way, I wanted to help him be healthier. The man next to him was in a business suit and was slimmer. He said his wife had divorced him after 31 years of marriage and that now he'd probaby have to work the rest of his life. The ex-DS told him he should be grateful he had the health to work. I wondered what else the businessman would do with his life if he wasn't working. I also wondered if he liked his job. It's so important to do something you love. What is life... a journey toward retirement? I don't think so. Our "work" is part of the journey and our way to leave something to this world. That's why it needs to fit us and be more than just a job. They both commented how they'd like to win the lottery and all their problems would be solved. That's the kind of society we live in ---- instant fix. Instant everything.

So after that I made a stop at bball practice then headed home to dinner. My daughter made a green salad and some other neighbors had dropped of some homemade "welcome" croissants. I love this place! People are so friendly and welcoming. I didn't even look up the calories... I just got out my tunafish and stuffed it in the croissant to go with my salad. I also had a piece of chocolate for dessert because I definitely worked it off today with all the painting and being on my feet from morning to dark. I also counted the painting as my natural exercise for the day but I always do my crunches when I lay down. I can easily do 50 each night now. I can still feel the "extra" on my hips and stomach, but I can also tell I have muscles now and so much more energy and strength than I used to have. And I really just haven't gone overboard on the exercise.

I have enjoyed sleeping in till 8am these past few days, but I know I'm going to pay for it tomorrow. Most pleasure comes at a price. Is that a saying already? I'm adding it to my quote book. Well, I have a living room to finish to bring us out of the 70's and into the now. It's amazing what a little bit of paint can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed