Friday, February 26, 2010

DAY FIFTY SEVEN- Diet Journal

Headed to the other side of the state after school today. Felt like I went from the banana belt to Alaska within a few hours! Of course it's nothing compared to other parts of the country that are getting hit hard so I really can't complain. It's nice to see my sweetie and to see old faces and friends. Went to a benefit dinner tonight for a friend who now has two prosthetic legs after a near fatal battle with diabetes and he actually looks better than I've seen him look in many years. In addition to sporting two new lower legs, he has really slimmed down and looks years younger. The community came out in overwhelming numbers to the potato feed/silent auction in his support. They had a local band there singing songs from back in my day and it was just really a great atmosphere. And of course it's always wonderful to welcome old friends back into your life and catch up on what you've missed.

The drive down wasn't too bad except for the wind. It was outrageous today. I rode with my son and his wife and you could almost watch the gas gauge drop. Jason had to stop at Jack-in-the-Box before we headed out, but I had already eaten my tuna sandwich, fresh fruit, and baked chips, so I passed on the food. I did ask him to ask how many calories are in their regular (10oz.) smoothie. The guy on the other end of the speaker said he didn't know. I passed, having visions of 5 or 600 calories dancing in my head. I was a little disgruntled that he didn't know, but when we got to the window a young lady informed us that they did have a calorie counter and that the regular sized smoothies were 300 calories. That's not too bad and it's nice that they have that. I still didn't have one.

I ate a baked potato w/chili on it at the fundraiser dinner. I could only eat half though and I had a brownie for dessert (that's what they had). I knew that meant a few extra crunches at bed time, but I was good with that. I even got the husband to do the bed time crunches, cycles, and flutters with me. He didn't quite make it to 50on the crunches, but he was a good sport about it. He reffed a few games yesterday, so he's probably got me beat on the exercise anyway. He also passed on buying a pan of the leftover brownies that were being sold and that too is progress because we both love brownies.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the weekend and touching bases with more friends. I am not looking forward to taking down the Christmas lights that are still up outside! I love him despite his male tendancies! I've decided being in love accelerates the calorie loss process and that's why I eat more when we're together and still manage to either maintain or lose weight. It only took me 30 years to figure it out. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed