Tuesday, February 2, 2010

DAY THIRTY THREE- February 2, 2010

Wanted to roll up in my covers and just sleep today only coming out for an occasional cup of warm lemonade to soothe my throat, but it wasn't in the cards. I did sleep in till 7:30am. It was strange not hearing Gma Shorty banging the pans around at 5am (her cue for "are you up yet"), but my body's still used to it so I woke right up even though I could sleep in. I talked myself back to sleep, but had a side ache by 7:30 so had to get up. I'm supposed to take it easy today. I have little voice left after three out of the last four days being basketball games and a cold to boot. I'm sure my players are tired too. I wondered about them all day.

I also wondered about the rooms that need painted, the carpets that need cleaned, the boxes that need unpacked, the computer that needed set up, etc. Who can rest with so much on their mind. By noon I couldn't take it any longer (I have never been a good sick person) I had to unpack at least the kitchen. I took some tylenol after that and rested. That lasted a short while then I went to town (Home Depot to be specific) and prayed that I would not see anyone considering I look like a sick woman (which I am) and I still had on yesterday's hair and makeup. I did brush my teeth and change my clothes though. I got in-- I got out. I have the paint and outlet covers and window blinds. I don't have the energy to do any of it today, but I can sleep a little easier tonight knowing I can hide in my house now and paint away the remainder of the '70's that still abides in my new abode. Love the space though.

My mom and dad drove over and brought dinner (thank you). She knows me too well. Amidst all the hustle and bustle today I did grab a bowl of cold cereal for breakfast, but forgot lunch completely. The roast and potatoes w/carrots was great. A diet tip here though-- don't skip lunch. You think you're starving by dinner and your stomach isn't as large as your eyes resulting in a heavy stomach afterwards. I will definitely do my crunches tonight. Thank you to all my wonderful children and their spouses for helping us get moved in, get the computer set up, and bringing the grandkids over to fill the rooms with the reason I am here. Championships are great, but families are forever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed