Tuesday, February 16, 2010

DAY FORTY SEVEN- February 17, 2010

Have you ever read a book that was so good, you just couldn't put it down until you read the whole thing even if it meant staying up till 3am when you have work the next day??? I wish that was why I didn't get to sleep until 3am.... I am one of those people who pushes until the job's done. I like to see it finished. I like it done right. That drive made me a good athlete, but now, sometimes it's my worst enemy. My children have been known to call me a slavedriver (lovingly of course). So yesterday I thought I could knock out the accent wall, painting it in the living room, not actually knocking it out, then the accompanying living room walls,and the joining dining room walls. Well... if I set a goal, I knock myself out. Sometimes that's good. Sometimes that's bad. Sometimes, I just pay for it. So... Good news.... walls all got painted. Bad news... went to bed at 3am and got up at 7am (slept in a little) to go to work. Yikes!

I ate my oatmeal and berries for breakfast (no milk). For lunch I obviously had to seek out the cafeteria since in my state of sleep deprivation I did not plan ahead. I had the baked chips (140) and ham and cheese sandwich on whole wheat with a banana for dessert. One good thing about being tired.... not too hungry today. I came home after school wanting to go directly to bed. I thought about he croissants a neighbor brought us yesterday, but leaving croissants home alone with a pregnant lady... yep... not gonna last.... and rightfully so. Just as I was pondering what to eat for dinner before I slipped off to an early bed time (like 6pm bed time), the doorbell rang and another neighbor came bringing homemade bread and it was whole wheat. I had a slice along with a few bites of tunafish (not on the bread, just by itself) and it was all I needed. Homemade whole wheat bread is so filling. And I can't believe how great the people in this little town are. They are so welcoming. I feel very fortunate to live here. I love it it here. After the bread and tuna I made myself sit up for 30 minutes (to allow some digestion), then I had to lay down. I sat my alarm to wake up for American Idol and now the show's almost over and I'm going back to sleep.

The backs of my thighs and legs are so unbelievably sore today from all the squatting while painting for six hours straight yesterday that I am doing my bed crunches and bicycles right now as I go to bed, but that's it. I NEED SLEEP. I did not make a healthy choice yesterday. There was not sanity or balance in that decision. My bad. Tomorrow I'll make better choices. Of course, sometimes there's nowhere to go but up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed