Wednesday, February 10, 2010

DAY FORTY ONE- February 10, 2010

Serves me right... I was sore today. I haven't lifted for a while and it's all coming back to me now... those muscles that I thought were extinct. Now they're just sore. I also did something I haven't done since I started this... I ate a bowl of cereal after 8pm. Sometimes I crave Fruitloops. The problem is that I ate as soon as I got home instead of just having a snack after school and eating dinner at 6. So I ate a meatloaf sandwhich on whole wheat about 4:30 and by 8:00 my stomach was saying "feed me" and I did. It was 150 calories so it's not the end of the world, but timing is definitely important to our healthy eating habits and I do not want to start eating late.

I did read somewhere that it's important that we stay up and moving or at least sitting up for two hours after we eat. I guess we kind of tell our digestive system to stop if we go to bed and all that sugar, fat, etc. just sits there and goes to bad places making wonderful fat when we eat and just go to bed.
I had the yogurt for breakfast but I need to go buy some gratefruit. I like grapefruit, so I need to do that. I had my frozen healthy choice dinner for lunch (I never eat the dessert in it though) so the whole dinner's probably 250 without the dessert. For snacks I had pretzels and some of Sherri's homemade peanut butter. You can have 24 pretzels for 55 calories so it's a good deal even dipping it in homemade peanut butter. I took the bag of pretzels and the PB to the teachers' lounge to share. Thank you Sherri-- it was delicious and everyone loved it. I drank quite a bit of water today, so that was good. I did some Tai Chi because I was too sore to do much else. Even the Wiggles Workout would have killed me tonight. Sad.

Okay, what's really sad is that one of my former players called about midnight last night. She was upset and discouraged. She's at college on a soccer scholarship and she tore her ACL playing a league game (bball). To make matters worse, she doesn't have insurance to pay for the surgery. She was torn about decisions and sad at the thought of not playing her final season. She knows though that whenever a door closes, a window opens somewhere else. She knows it'll work out and that sports are only one area of her life. She has strong family support too, so she will start this new chapter of her life with a cheering section of a different sort.

We all need a cheering section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed